Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rode 100 miles today and …..
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I sat in all the way out and all the way back. Will I go to darkside hell?

aP
    Free Member

They won’t let you do that a second time because there won’t be one.
    An old girlfriend of mine (who used to train at Colorado Springs) used to spit over her shoulder onto me if I wouldn’t go through to the front.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i like the sound of that….<homer voice> mmmmmmmm dirty

AB
    Free Member

Yup, or be made to ride 10 meters off the back!

coffeeking
    Free Member

An old girlfriend of mine (who used to train at Colorado Springs) used to spit over her shoulder onto me if I wouldn’t go through to the front.

Jeeez, she’s be an ex pretty fast!

antigee

maybe next time if challenged you could say that you don’t trust them to ride your wheel and see if that works 😉

crikey
    Free Member

I tried sitting in, in a break in a crappy belgian vets road race, i say crappy, it was about 10 miles an hour quicker than any UK race I’d done, and I got taken out the back by the same fat guy 5 times; he’d wait til I was on his wheel then just sit up, and force me to sprint round him, then get in front and do it again. Then he started taking me off into the verges at the side of the road.

I just started working, it was far easier.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hows about saying “I’m really sorry but I couldnt keep up if I wasnt there”?

aP
    Free Member

Oi! coffeeking – her family owned a chain of liquor stores in Memphis, and she had a lovely Tomassini. Its not often you get both those in a girl is it?

AB
    Free Member

As coffeeking has suggested, it might be worth mentioning to the guys at the start of the ride that you can barely hang on whilst sitting in (assuming that’s the truth) and see how they take it.

In saying that, if you can sit in for 100 miles, you can’t be that bad.

A few spells on the front, even short turns, are all that’s required.

Just make sure they know you’re not taking the piss.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Well I have to say that this is something I don’t normally do, but I had a bit of a cold so rode at the back to keep my germs away from my mates. But it did make a very pleasant change! First race of the season in a couple of weeks and full tour of flanders early april so best get back up the front!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rode 100 miles today and …..’ is closed to new replies.