Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rocommend me a 120mm tapered steerer fork that doesn't cost fortunes.
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Evening all,

I’m after a 120mm travel fork with a tapered steerer and maxle.
    The Fox forks seem to cost an obscene amount of money…

Reba is looking like the best option but seem to cost the earth with a tapered steerer.

It is for a Cotic Soul if that makes any difference, currently run a coil sprung Sektor at 130mm on my current Soul but fancy something lighter.

mrmo
    Free Member

just run a straight fork and change the headset if money is an issue

1981miked
    Free Member

Yeah considered that but fancied a tapered steerer as the frame has a tapered headtube..

Moon on a stick probably but hey ho.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Speshpaul

CRC recycled sale?

1981miked
    Free Member

I’ll go have a look..

1981miked
    Free Member

Nowt in CRC recycle section..

Will I notice a huge difference on front end stiffness etc with a tapered steerer? I’m 11.5 stone and not harsh on kit.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

How much? You can prob pick something 2nd hand off here for reasonable amounts

andyl
    Free Member

one of the german or french stores was selling Rebas for about 250 euros and Merlin and On One often have cracking sales.

If you see a non-tapered Reba for a good price just get it. I would value a bolt through axle more than a tapered steerer if you have wheels you can convert to 15 or 20mm bolt through.

dantsw13
    1981miked
    Free Member

£250 – £275 is what I was looking to spend.. Yeah I thought a bolt through would be more important than a tapered steerer.

Rorschach
    Free Member

We’ve got some fox F120 Tapered 15mm forks going for £350 at work..

1981miked
    Free Member

Email me at mikedonald@hotmaildotcom please mate.

jonba
    Free Member

try merlin cycles. Some big discounts on there, especially if you can cope with a 15mm axle.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

X fusion forks are having some really good reveiws etc,
    Not used them but thinking I might get some, one of the things I like about them is most can have there travel adjusted which be ideal for the soul!

ferrit
    Free Member

Hi mate,

Selling some brand new Fox here if you’re interested:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-fox-f125-rl-125mm-travel-qr15-tapered-fork-brand-new-4

GeForceJunky

There is plenty of Tapered steerer forks fairly cheap in the classified. Short travel ones don’t seam popular yet. I got a 2011 Reba RL Tapered 20mm in good condition for £190.

1981miked
    Free Member

Hi Ferrit,

I was emailing u a couple of weeks ago but they were just a bit over my budget.

Have been scanning the classifieds, needs to be white tho. Bought a pair of classifieds described as mint before and they turned up rough as a badgers backside, so would rather buy new If I could.

phinw
    Free Member

I been using X-Fusion Velvets for the last few months and have been well impressed. Its a light, simple (Air, rebound, lockout) 15mm bolt-thru and available in tapered steerer. Internally adjustable 80-130 I have mine at 120. Can be found for about £300 new. White or black.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rocommend me a 120mm tapered steerer fork that doesn't cost fortunes.’ is closed to new replies.