Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RockyRoads and UCI hit the skids
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Remember the kerfuffle this sponsorship caused?

I for one am totally shocked and surprised! 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

Ladbrokes wouldnt take the bet when. I said this was going to happen.

somafunk

The UCI should do more than “hit the skids”, i’d be happy to see their wheels come off entirely, snigger as their forks hit the road and snap, pitching the entire organisation face first into the tarmac at 40mph. Never in the history of sport has a governing body done so much to destroy the one thing they were meant to be protecting/promoting due to inept handling. The entire organisation needs taken out, lined up against the wall and shot.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ somafunk, speaky da trufe ^^

thepodge
    Free Member

4x & enduro should combine forces then take dh with them next year

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Podge +1, throw in a DH event and some XC and you could call it a world cup.

somafunk

My dislike (hatred?) of the UCI stems from as far back as 1994 when the UCI under the leadership of that prick Hein Verbruggen banned Graeme Obree’s position 1 hr before the World Champs at Palermo, then in 1996 Obree did an interview with L’ Equipe where he mentioned the common/expected drug use amongst pro cyclists at that time and Verbruggen responded by calling him a “Coward” and informing all pro teams to shun him otherwise face possible sanctions.

I am usually a very live n’ let live type person and rarely hold a grudge for any length of time as it is an incredible drain on your emotional and mental health but the hatred i have for the UCI and Verbruggen in particular is something i cannot shake, especially as i have come to know Graeme over the past few years and how passionate he still is with regard to cycling despite the setbacks in his career, Graeme for UCI president, or at least a position within the governing body 😀

Check out the Velo Club Don Logan podcast # 9 on itunes for a 90min interview/talk wi Graeme, inspiring stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RockyRoads and UCI hit the skids’ is closed to new replies.