Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Warranty – any good experiences?
  • Gap-Jump-Gaz
    Free Member

About 6 weeks ago I managed to snap my trusty ETSX 50 clean in half.
    The bike is 2 and half years old, so it is well within the 5 year warranty that RM offer. My local bike shop have bent over backwards to help me, their after sales service has been 1st class, Silverfish have also been very helpful BUT those Canadian Mounties dont seem to want to give me a replacement. Has anyone else had any warranty issues with Rocky Mountain?

DezB
    Free Member

Good experience here. Took 2 weeks to get a replacement frame.
    Mine had cracked in a "standard" place for ETS-Xs.
    The bike shop was very helpful, seeing as I hadn't bought it there and the guy I first spoke to left in the middle of it all!
    They replaced the front mech with a new XT and supplied a RaceFace Deus seatpost too, as the tube sizes had changed.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good luck, make sure you don't sign your email "gap jump gaz" though or they may put two and two together.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

good experience here, snapped chainstay on my Edge and they manufactured a new one in the right colour, took about 3 weeks. Assuming silverfish are still the importes i'd expect them to be a bit slow a the moment as they will be busy with the 2010 product rollout

scruzer
    Free Member

Very good about 10 years ago when lancaster's had them. Got crash replacement for trade price though the damage was all my fault! Surely the importers can do the 'right thing' even if its just good publicity/service

Gap-Jump-Gaz
    Free Member

Scruzer, can you remember how much the trade price was and how much you paid for the original bike? Mine cost £2200 in 2007, not sure how much my frame would be at cost? If they were to even offer me that????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Warranty – any good experiences?’ is closed to new replies.