Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Slayer stolen, Guildford Area :(
  • Webreaper
    Free Member

Hi all,

It's a long shot, I know, but I wanted to take any chance possible to get my bike back. 🙁

Yesterday morning I found that some scrotes had made off with my custom-built Rocky Mountain Slayer, which was housed in the underground car-park of my flats in Godalming, Surrey.

It's a pretty unique bike – the frame was imported from the US, and it had all sorts of nice bits and pieces on it, including:

[list]
    [*]2003 Rocky Mountain Slayer frame[/*]
    [*]US-spec Fox Vanillas[/*]
    [*]1997 XTR Rapidfire shifters (still working beautifully)[/*]
    [*]Hope Mono M4s front & back[/*]
    [*]Hope Hubs[/*]
    [*]Brand new (only ridden once) XT Chainset[/*]
    [*]Easton stem & bars[/*]
    [*]Porkypaws grips[/*]
    [/list]

There's little chance I'll be able to replace the bike like-for-like, as it's insured for what it cost me to build it. An Element 70 (which is about the equivalent in terms of frame and groupset now) is going to set me back about £800 more than it's covered for. 🙁

So anyway, if you're out and about or on the trails and you see the bike, do me a favour and drop me a line to webreaper@gmail.com.

Much appreciated. Couple of pics:

Thanks all.

njee20
    Free Member

Let Beyond in Cranleigh know, 01483 267676, and also Cycle Works in Haslemere, Burpham etc, just in case.

Webreaper
    Free Member

Nice one, ta.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

another stolen bike thread, gutted for you. Check ebay, local classifieds, gumtree, pinkbike etc regularly.

Worth the mods setting a "stolen bike" sticky thread where people add theirs?

heihei

Live just outside Godaliming – will keep my eyes peeled for it. Good luck.

jova54
    Free Member

I'm in Guildford and out and about a bit at the mo so I'll do the same.

Hope you get it back and the scrotes get what's coming.

Webreaper
    Free Member

Police are doing fantastic work on this. Two of the four bikes stolen have been recovered, and there's a chance I'll get mine back too, as they have a good idea what happened to it. Been really impressed with their persistence on this. Fingers crossed. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Slayer stolen, Guildford Area :(’ is closed to new replies.