Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Slayer (2006) – Which bearings do I need?
  • kevin1911

I’ve just sent off the rear shock from my RM Slayer to TFTuned to get it pushed, and thought I’d take the initiative to check the smoothness of the bearings in the pivots. A few of them are feeling a tiny little bit notchy, so I should probably think about replacing them.

Trouble is, I can’t seem to find out what size I need. Trawled Google, to no avail. Tried BETD – they don’t seem to do the kits for the Slayer.

Anyone know what bearings I need, or know of some sort of online resource showing what bearings are used in various frames?

philfive
    Free Member

try emailing silverfish, they are always helpful.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Yeah drop me a mail and I’ll help as best I can.
    Richie@silverfish-uk.com

Marmoset
    Free Member

Try on Mtbr if you want a response tonight – look for Rockyuphill on the Rocky Mountain forum, he seems to know everything about every bike they ever made!

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, you need 63001 2rs 2x and 6901 2rs 6x. I would run decent quality or top end bearings. Not cheapo ones, I have a couple of bearings kit options of that frame, give me a shout if you want some prices.

kevin1911

Thanks kaesae. I’ll drop you a mail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Slayer (2006) – Which bearings do I need?’ is closed to new replies.