Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rocky Mountain Blizzard Query……
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Looking at the geometry its not that different to a Cotic Soul – half a degree less steep seat angle and 10mm shorter effective top tube.

I've ridden a SOul with 130mm Menja AM on and it was ace – would I get away with them on a Blizzard?

nickc

Yep (probably) don't blame me if the headtube snaps

topangarider
    Free Member

Really though – what are the chances of that happening!?

Pieface

FWIW I rode a Blizzard designed around 80mm fork with 100mm and it didn't snap

NZCol

I would say it would feel and ride a bit oddly. They are fine (better in fact) with 100mm but i;d say a 130mm might make it handle a bit oddly. Its an XC frame mind so doing large drops on it might prematurely end its life. They are realy lovely all day bikes though.

2hottie
    Free Member

It should be ok with a 130mm fork in, my bro has one and will be changing his rebas up to 120mm and I really don't see a problem.

topangarider
    Free Member

NZCol – why will it ride oddly when the geometry is pretty much identical to a Soul, and that rides fine with 130mm forks?

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I've ridden both a Blizzard and Soul with 130 mm forks. I loved the Blizzard with that set up and rode it for a couple of years. I wish I hadn't sold it. After a short excursion into full-sus I bought a Soul also with a 130 mm fork, I just didn't really get on with it in the same way as I had the Blizzard. Just do it!

Andy-R

I'm riding a 2006 Blizzard with Magura Phaons (always at 125mm) – I love it, I just sometimes wish it was 20mm longer in the top tube.
    Mind you, other times I think that it's perfect as it is……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain Blizzard Query……’ is closed to new replies.