Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockspex – any opinions
  • smett72

Just wondering whether anyone has used Rockspex and what their experiences were like. I’ve been thinking of getting some prescription cycling glasses and found these on Rockspex.

Thanks

smett72

No one?

cookeaa

They look potentially prone to fogging IMO foam ‘seals’ tend to hold moisture from sweat close to the lens and the lack of vents will mean that condenses on the lens, especially at low speeds.

These are probably aimed more at motor bike riders with open helmets.

smett72

I understand your point about fogging. There are some small gaps in the foam ‘seals’, as shown here, but how much affect that would have on fogging is questionable. They do offer ‘fog free’ lenses, but at an additonal £125!

I was just curious as I tend to find my eyes are quite sensitive to the wind, any speeds above about 15mph cause them to start watering and affecting my vision. I’ve never yet found any glasses that help, so thought these may warrant further investigation.

Thanks for your input.

knightrider
    Free Member

I have some thing similar, when you’re moving they are fine but can fog up a little when I stop, or when it’s very hot (if only)on a downhill they are awesome as they really cut the wind out. Mine are on a band goggle style and I just move them so there is room at the bottom to avoid fogging

smett72

Thanks knightrider. £160 (would need prescription lenses) is a fair amount of money to spend just to find out if something works, so all opinions and experiences are appreciated.

cookeaa

I’m currently using some fake Oakley jawbones from fleabay, with cheap clear prescription lenses done for me by Ciliary blue, the lenses were a touch big and ended up knackering the frame, so I ordered another and when it arrived I took the dremel to the lenses for a bit of a tweak, while I was at it I taped the stock lenses ot the prescription ones and put the vents in around the outside edge, they do help and coupled with some bob heath spray they are about a billion times betterer…

The cost of that was about ~£30 but I’ll need some tinted lenses soon for summer i think…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockspex – any opinions’ is closed to new replies.