Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Yari Travel adjustment.
  • Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Currently looking for some forks for a 29er trail bike and have spotted some Yari’s at a good price. What i want to know is whether they can be adjusted for travel like the Pike forks.
    Is it a case of changing the air shaft for the appropriate length required, i.e. 120mm change to 140mm? I believe the Yari forks are single air aswell, if that makes any difference.

Any feedback greatly received.

Thanks

vincienup
    Free Member

Yes, it’s exactly the same as Pikes except you can’t use Pike airshafts. The airshaft is shared with the Lyrik.

I’m running a Yari at 120 which I think is about as low as they go.

chopchop
    Free Member

You absolutely can use Pike airshafts, they are interchangeable with Yari shafts. I’d recommend the Yari, it’s a fine fork. TFTuned will have a coil conversion kit in the new year also.

vincienup
    Free Member

Oh ok, my bad. I was under the impression there was an inner diameter difference that prevented compatibility…

singlespeedstu

You can swap airshaft from Pike to Yari but they will result in different travel lengths.
    As in a 150 Yari/Lyrik airshaft will result in a 140 travel Pike. Or the other way round, had a couple of medicinal beers and can’t remember which way round it is.
    All the travel/fork options are engraved on the bottom of the newer shafts.

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Ok, cheers. The forks i was looking at are 120 so would just need the appropriate airshaft to take up to 130/140 length.

Good to know, opens up the options to look at.

chopchop
    Free Member

This site is useful for figuring out which shaft you need:

Air Shafts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Yari Travel adjustment.’ is closed to new replies.