Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Rockshox Yari token tuning / not getting full travel
  • joebristol

My Yari’s are 160mm travel solo air rc. I set the sag standing up in the position I’d be in going fast down a trail whilst slightly leaning against a wall to stay upright.

It maybe my Yaris need a service of course – theybwere new in may time and dromnreading inunderstand they can come from the factory a bit low on the lubrication they should have in the lower legs.

I know when I had Revelations they went into the shop to have a longer air shaft installed, but they also had a lower leg service at the same time and came back so much plusher.

Scamper
    Free Member

Serviced mine a couple of weeks after I got them – plenty of lube in the lowers but the foam rings were bone dry.

Euro
    Free Member

So 160mm forks running a whopping 30% sag and you are only using 130mm travel? Check out the “too much bike thread” (Sorry – not helpful but i couldn’t resist 😉 )

joebristol

My views on ‘too much’ bike are on that thread!

Euro
    Free Member

My views on ‘too much’ bike are on that thread!

As are mine! p.s. 😉 denotes knowledge of above quote.

How much rear travel are you using? Is the sag similar? Does the bike feel balanced? You don’t need to use all the travel available all the time but 30% sag is really pretty soft. If you’re not getting full travel at least sometimes, then you may be suffering from that dreaded affliction – Permanentis Overbiketis

joebristol

Lol.

My concern is I’m not using the full fork travel ever – despite piling into the upslope of a yump at pace at BPW a few weeks ago. Felt like I bottomed the fork out and jarred my shoulder, but the rubber band marker on the forks showed there was still a fair amount of travel to go.

At local trails I wouldn’t want to be using full travel as they’re not that extreme at all.

I’m pretty much using all of the 145mm travel at the back – but the travel there feels limitless and never feels like I’m bottoming out. If anything it could perhaps ramp up a bit more towards the end. The shock hasn’t got any bands / tokens in it at all (it’s a metric rs deluxe rt3) and I run it full open most of the time.

The bike feels pretty awesome most of the time but the fork isn’t quite perfect (and I’ll admit I’m one of those people who like playing with settings etc).

Would much rather be overbiked than underbiked

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Yari token tuning / not getting full travel’ is closed to new replies.