Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox vivid/Kage rear shock with Fox spring? any reason why i cant machine?
  • rotary
    Free Member

does anyone know if/why i cant machine the collars on my RockShox Kage shock to accomodate the smaller fox springs. The inside diameter of the fox springs are 36mm and the rockshoxs ones are 38mm id. are there any adaptor collars i can use?

legend
    Free Member

Iirc the spring will foul the body won’t it?

rotary
    Free Member

good point, think there would be about 4mm diameter clearance but when spring deflection is taken into consideration spose there is a potential for fouling

legend
    Free Member

Thanks, although that means I’ve peaked early this week 🙂

rotary
    Free Member

treat youself to a coffee 8)

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep different ID rockshox are larger so Fox won’t fit, our Ti springs that are specced for Fox, BOS, Cane creek etc won’t fit the Vivid/Kage, there’s a complete separtely specced range for those.

rotary
    Free Member

LoCo, so you sell ti springs for the Kage? where will i find details?

LoCo
    Free Member

You’ll have to mail me (contact from on website) but they’re special order as the demand for the them in virtually non existant (think I’ve been asked for one in a couple of years) So not worth stocking a couple K’s worth of springs that don’t sell.

On paternity at the moment (little boy on Saturday) so I maybe a little slower to reply/ may make a little less sense than usual 😳 😉

rotary
    Free Member

ok thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox vivid/Kage rear shock with Fox spring? any reason why i cant machine?’ is closed to new replies.