Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 288 total)
  • Rockshox Upside Down Carbon Rigid Teaser Pic?
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

RAC’s didn’t come with stanchion guards

njee20
    Free Member

Weren’t light either, although that was the original plan! If these are a SID replacement we’ll be right away!

hot_fiat

Video just been posted on the RS youtube channel (wagon wheel content):

[video]http://youtu.be/AsbjxE_YUZE[/video]

dave_h
    Free Member

Marzocchi RAC?

Ha ha ha. Old hat.

catschroedinger
    Free Member

Video just been posted on the RS youtube channel (wagon wheel content):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsbjxE_YUZE

In reality its aimed at the recreational couple then ?

daveh
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like it moves much!

kelvin

It didn’t need to.

kimbers

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW0auLo5bpg#t=178[/video]

kimbers

loads of info, only 1,800 dollars ;~)

The fork is only being produced in 29? format, available with SoloAir spring, three travel options (80/100/120mm) and a tapered carbon chassis and steerer. Despite a phenomenally light weight of 1.666 grams (3.67lbs) RockShox claims the RS-1 to be stiff, precise and overall a great performer. Only about 50 grams heavier than a SID XX World Cup

First Ride: RockShox RS-1 Inverted Suspension Fork 2015

fr0sty125
    Free Member

So you have to use SRAM hubs this feels to me like an attempt by SRAM to get people to buy their wheels…

11 Speed need x-drive hub
    RS-1 fork need SRAM front hub

Dave
    Free Member

The hub design has been licenced to DT Swiss too so far…

At last here’s the news about Rockshox RS-1

njee20
    Free Member

I’m out personally, heavier and more expensive than a SID World Cup, plus requires a proprietary hub.

If they’d managed lighter and stiffer maybe, but seems weird to market it as an XC race fork when it’s USP is the stiffness, seems adding 20mm to the stantions and the travel and crossing into ‘trail’ territory would have been more prudent!

Edit: 1572g claimed for a SID WC with Maxle-Lite, so it’s nearly 100g heavier, plus the hub. Don’t hear many XC racers complaining about stiffness

amedias
    Free Member

Despite a phenomenally light weight of 1.666 grams (3.67lbs)

That’s not very phenomenal! Adequately or moderately would have been better terms. Don’t get me wrong it is light, but it’s not phenomenally light.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think njee20 is right if it is stiff then they should have made it 120mm for the 29er Trail/light AM bikes such as the Whyte T-129….

njee20
    Free Member

Seems odd as all the bikes it’s been photographed on seem of that ilk – I’ve yet to see it on an XC race bike! Spesh Camber, Trek Rumblefish etc.

Odd indeed!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The fork is only being produced in 29? format

Oh dear.

That shark has already jumped…!

MSP

if it is stiff

The thing is, rock shox seem to be using statements like “stiff enough” so they aren’t even heralding the stiffness of the fork, which suggests it is no better for stiffness either.

It is starting to look like it actually offers no advantage at all.

gee
    Free Member

It’s starting to look a lot like the Marzocchi RAC which was similar in intention (XC race, upside down) but ended up being heavy, just like this… So it died.

njee20
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly!

daveh
    Free Member

No emails sent as too busy unpacking boxes..?

kelvin

If you ignore the price, it’s a fork for the riding that nearly everyone does for fun, rather than a XC race fork, no?

DanW
    Free Member

Looks like all the disadvantages that people normally discount Leftys for (high price, new hub, “unique” looks) but without the advantages such the low weight and I’d be incredibly surprised if it was as stiff as a Lefty…. which is just ridiculously stiff. Pinkbike seemed positive about the fork but noted the small bump sensitivity was poor yet didn’t feel this was much of a negative. Odd for an USD fork wwhere small bump performance is usually one of the theoretical gains. That is of course besides the other isseues already mentioned here. Doesn’t grab me in the slightest! If anyone can sell this fork with good marketing over the reality of the thing, it is SRAM…

ratherbeintobago

The thing I thought was most interesting about the RS-1 press release was the 32mm bottomless tokens, which it was stated will fit Rebas/SIDs/Revs. Whether that’s 2015 forks, of course…

Anyone know if the air top cap on the above has an internal thread?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like the RS-1 was at least in the pits at Cairns. Was it actually raced?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

email of tftuned – can preorder at £1199 – expect sub £1000 from zee Germans

tightywighty
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member

email of tftuned – can preorder at £1199 – expect sub £1000 from zee Germans

That’s £280 more than the top of the range SIDs isn’t it? 😯

Seems a lot considering the lack of worthwhile benefits.

wwaswas

they do seem determined not to fit stanchion guards.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s £280 more than the top of the range SIDs isn’t it?

Yep, about that, for a fork that’s heavier (and then requires a heavier hub). Where do I sign up…

ratherbeintobago
    julianwilson
    Free Member

How much will the proprietary tool to remove/service the damper cost on top of that? And the hub/wheel of course.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

in stock at zee german shops, around £1100

jmatlock
    Free Member

Looks amazing, would look even better on the front of my Camber but that is HUGE money.

Does it come with a hub or would I need to factor in a whole new front wheel?

Its just so nice.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

RS clearly did great with the Pike but I really see the point of this fork.

nemesis
    Free Member

Its just so nice.

And that I expect is why they’ll sell even if they’re not functionally better.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

hubs separate

LoCo
    Free Member

Due into the UK middle of next month at £1415 RRP, can supply if anybody wants them, almost ordered myself a set but needed forks quick so ended up with Rev RCT3 lowered to 110mm 😉

jmatlock
    Free Member

Has it been confirmed by anyone who has ridden one that its ‘not functionally better’

Or are we guessing?

The only real world facts are the price.

If they would hurry up an release an offical 120mm Pike I would be happy with that!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

All I can see is that they are expensive but somehow too heavy for an XC race bike. That leaves a pimp 120mm 29er trail bike but will it actually be stiff enough?

LoCo
    Free Member

We’ve converted a number of Pikes to 120mm too 😉

I have found sids a bit flexy, at 14 stone and 6’3″ but not ‘bad’ flex, just prefer the stiffer revs setup properly

legend
    Free Member

jmatlock – Member
    Has it been confirmed by anyone who has ridden one that its ‘not functionally better’

I’m sure the people that line up to pay £1,400 will assure you that they’re better

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 288 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Upside Down Carbon Rigid Teaser Pic?’ is closed to new replies.