Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox SID v. Reba?
  • yoshimi

I’ve stripped down the old bike, sold the PIkes and waiting on selling the frame. I’m thinking of getting a RockLobster 853, Rocklobster SL or Merlin Malt4 Frame.

But fork wise, I always had it in my head to get a set of matching Rebas – but now after reading up on the SIDs I’m confused. I think of a SID as a skinny legged race only fork, with the Reba a bit more of general XC fork. But now as the 2009 versions both share 32mm legs, are both 100mm travel, appear to have similar internals I struggling to see what the difference is – anyone enlighten me?

cheers

jimw
    Free Member

400 grams and £100 (if bought on merlin Reba Race vs SID race). Having said that they quote the Reba Race at 1814 grams and mine actually weighed approx 1700grams with full length steerer

Filthy
    Free Member

Reba’s also have the option of Maxle lite, just got some reba teams off winstanleys for £400 with bolt thru, saved me converting the hub back to q/r and a lot stiffer.

yoshimi

Ah – so similar in function but the SIDs just weigh a lot less.

I’ll have to convert my front ProII as well, was looking at reba teams for £330 at Merlin (with QR) will have a look at Winstanleys

Cheers

dickie
    Free Member

Reba Race £275 from merlin on ebay.

Hard to tell diff between reba race & team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox SID v. Reba?’ is closed to new replies.