Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Rockshox SID Teams @ Merlin Cycles
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Now half price! Thinking of getting some but I am skeptical to how they can be so cheap when the best CRC can come up with is over £500, anyone bought some and were they OK?

Del

umm. what aspect of it are you sceptical about, exactly?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As I stated, how they can be so cheap.

Anyhows I've spoken to Merlin, they are bulk purchase un-boxed without pump but do come with warranty and manual, and the chap said that they have had only one return due to mis-cast lowers.

Still interested to hear from anyone who has bought some, before I part with cash.

Del

bulk purchase un-boxed without pump

like most of these deals, probably originally destined for a run of bikes from a big manufacturer, which either never got built or someone over-ordered or something.

come with warranty and manual

don't know what you're waiting for? merlin are well known. it's been common for years for forks to get discounted significantly.
    of course if spending the difference in price between merlin and crc gives you peace of mind…
    😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

TBH my main concern is mis-cast lowers, there are a lot around and I can't be arsed with playing postal tennis with forks.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

my main concern is mis-cast lowers, there are a lot around

Well, I've never heard of it before you mentioned it here. And that's just one set…. 🙂

I can't see there being a problem, and even if there is, I'll bet you save a whole lot more than the £10 postage to return them…. 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Here you go Pete

And that is just people on here.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. I missed that one. Rebas then? 😉

Seriously though, if you're worried, ask Merlin to check a pair over for you before you buy them.
    I'm sure they'll do that for you. I've only ever had one problem with Merlin when they sent me the wrong brakes. They sent some more out after one phone call, before I even sent the old ones back. 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I'm sure they'll be fine- its a huge saving and theres not anymore chance that the Merlin ones will be affected more than CRC ones would.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I agree Merlin have always been very good to me, I just wanted more info before I part with my money from Father Christmas.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ordered in spanking white.

:o)

Del

tart!
    🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh yes, goes with my white saddle.

😀

strike
    Free Member

When you say 'mis-cast' lowers, what exactly is wrong/how can you tell?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Proper ace forks them.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

When you say 'mis-cast' lowers, what exactly is wrong/how can you tell?

Front wheel won't be straight in between the fork legs.

strike
    Free Member

I'll be damned – keep thinking my front wheel looks misaligned, but convinced myself it was an optical illusion

They'll be going back to merlin, then!!!!

clubber
    Free Member

White's good – easy to repaint purple 😉

They won't make you any faster – you do realise that, don't you? Or is it a desperate attempt to make the bike faster for when the inevitable post-birth lack of training hits home? 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The gleaming white is to distract from the fact his brakes are missing vital components.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Clubber, off to Amazon with you and buy some new records.

clubber
    Free Member

Good retort, KingT – did it take you an hour to come up with it? 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Some of us have work to do.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'll be damned – keep thinking my front wheel looks misaligned, but convinced myself it was an optical illusion

They'll be going back to merlin, then!!!!

Seriously? Oh bugger.

clubber
    Free Member

Well evidently business is picking up if you're buying SIDs so I guess that's good news!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Xmas pressie from Debs, but yes business is a smidge better.

clubber
    Free Member

Merry Xmas then you grumpy old bugger 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

He's been smashing body panels with the gay abandon of a man well paid too.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox SID Teams @ Merlin Cycles’ is closed to new replies.