Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RockShox SID 120mm Set-Up
  • dickie
    Free Member

I have a pair of SID RLT Ti 120mm QR15 on a Turner Flux & after being very impressed I now have another pair set at 100mm on a hardtail.

On the Flux I have approx 90psi in both the negative & positive chambers which gives about 5% sag unloaded & about 25% loaded, & I’m about 90kg.

I tried the other pair for the first time last tonight set at 100mm on the hardtail. Initially I had to put 120psi in the positive to get 25% loaded sag, then when I tried the same pressure in the negative I ended up with 25% sag without even getting on the bike.

Time was running out for a ride so in the end I went with 130psi in the positive & about 90psi in the neg. The forks rode at about 30% sag loaded. The higher pressure was noticeable over 120mm pair on the Flux.

So, just wondered what everyone else was running & how have you got on with set-up?
    From some feeb back from other users it seems I’m running low pressures on the 120mm pair for my weight compared to others.

santacoops
    Free Member

I’d say its a bit baggy for me but depends how you ride. I think you can get too caught up in the technicalities, I ride what feels good for me, which is 100 – 120ish but I have a buddy that prefers the soft bounce hard tyre ride. Just do some fiddling on the trail maybe? Shock pumps are nice and portable. Cheers. G

sam_underhill

I haven’t got my figures to hand, but something around 100psi in the +ve for me and I’m about 80kgs with all my kit. This is way lower than the sticker pressures on the fork. I always set the +ve air then put just enough in the -ve so that it just starts to move the fork. I’ve always set up my dual air rockshox this way, seems to work well.

I’m going to experiement with slightly lower pressures as I’m not quite getting full travel. I’ve serviced the damper and was ultra careful about the oil levels and with no air in the spring it happily moves through all of it’s travel. So I’m fairly confident I’m just slightly over sprung.

dickie
    Free Member

Cheers fot that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RockShox SID 120mm Set-Up’ is closed to new replies.