Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox shock pump/ valve issues..anyone else?
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

My 2009 Rockshox shock pump seems to be blowing itself off the threads on the +ve chamber valve on my rev U a Turn dual airs. I’ve looked closely at the valve threads and they seem fine but I notice that the amount of valve thread showing is less than on the -ve chamber valve and that the thread connector on the pump itself is actually only about 5 threads deep.
    I’ve resorted to using the Cane Creek/Topeak shock pump that has a fancy no loss dual connector but it’s primarily meant for higher pressure shocks and of course the Psi is in a x10 scale and is harder to set up within say +/- 5 psi which my forks require for my ideal set up.
    Anyone else found that the threads have got tired on Rockshox pump connector as opposed to the valve being worn?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yes…. Had exactly this problem with my u turn revs.

I have 3 shock pumps… A halfords bike shack thingy, a rockshox one (which is very similar) and topeak one with the no loss connector.

The halfords and rs jobbies blow off the valve at 100 psi. The topeak is fine.

I cleaned up the threads on the valve with a needle file but I think it’s probably the female connecting thread that’s the issue as the connector has quite a bit of play on the threads.

The topeak one is fine… Can pump up to 150 psi easily.

Like you I wanted to fine tune my fork so the trick is to wrap a few turns of ptfe plumbers tape around the threads and problem solved.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thanks for the response, I was thinking it was me going daft! Funny thing is it doesn’t blow off my Rebas but they are single air and only at 135psi, the Revs I run at 150/155 for a bit of small bump sensitivity. I’ve got some PTFE tape I’ll give it a couple of wraps and see how it works then ( I’m guessing the top cap will be a touch tight going back on afterwards….again that’s what makes me think it’s the pump connector that’s at fault/worn.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox shock pump/ valve issues..anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.