Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox servicing?
  • nicko74

I'm running some 2007 Revs on my Soda, and while they're great, they are leaking a little oil and haven't been serviced for 18 months or so. I reckon they could do with a service before I take the bike over to Spain in October, but what's the best bet?
    As I don't have a garage/ shed/ outdoor space, and I've not serviced anything more complex than gears (and struggle somewhat with hydraulic discs), I'm guessing getting it shop serviced is not a bad idea. Is it worth sending it off to someone or other, or just doing an LBS job?

Ta

nbt

My LBS are pretty knowledgeable (several of them do the spannering on the world cup circuit for guys like Steve Peat) and they send forks off to TFT / mojo. Go with the pros.

stumpy01

Get them in the post to tft tuned.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have serviced my rev's by following the servicing manual on the Rockshox website

as long as you are happy wielding spanners you will be ok it is a easy job

forks are easy rear shocks are a differant story because they have to be charged with nitrogen

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My 2008 Reba SL's need a service but i'm un-employed at the mo' so can't afford to send them off to TFT.
    Any tips?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Anything RockShox are pretty easy to do, download the pdf from sram's site. Or have a chat with LBS, RS are used as part of the Cytech training, so any decent/qualified mechanic should know how to do a proper job

jonb
    Free Member

As above really the PDF are available.

I've been told they have about 15ml of oil in for lubrication and if this goes then your forks die quickly.

If you read the manual and don't like the idea of DIY then send them off. You'll get a proper job and insection. Think about how much it would cost to get the work done vs. how much your forks would cost to replace.

Del.
    Free Member

Have a look on youtube too…I found some tutorials on there for my lyriks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox servicing?’ is closed to new replies.