Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • RockShox Sektor RL Solo Air, any good?
  • granny_ring

Looking at some in 140mm flavour 15mm maxel in particular.
    Are thy ok for a basic kind of fork, not too flexy?
    TIA.

mboy
    Free Member

Good fork

Think of it as a Revelation RL just with a slightly cheaper finish.

granny_ring

I’ve got some old Revs, how do the Sektor differ in finish?

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I have a 20 mm maxel 150 mm travel version on my stiffee, it feels fine but not quite as nice as the Marzocchi I used to run. I did run a revelation too which fet more or less the same. I’d suggest a pike.

warpcow
    Free Member

Not finish, as such, they just have the previous gen Rev-lowers and older MoCo internals (all of which can be upgraded later). I’ve had a 20mm Maxle one for a couple of years now and am pleased; very reliable and works well (esp. with a dual-flow rebound damper dropped in it).

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have one on my Horsethief.
    I’ve never noticed anything about it being crap.

mattbee

Got one on my Bandit, was only going to be a stopgap before getting Pike or X Fusion but so far I’m quite happy with it.
    I’m sure if I was smashing it off big, rocky stuff and getting massive air it may be a bit overwhelmed but luckily for it I’m far too average for that.

Matt_SS_xc

Mine feel great. Bought at similar time to friends rev’s. Do t feel any cheaper etc….
    However, mine probably get less use than friends revs in same areas, I have stanchion wear, he doesn’t…..don’t know if you can read anything into that!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

They are decent, the moco is the old rev one the rebound dampener is probably the weakest link. Night and day better than TK crap but Pike, 350CR and Sweep are night and day better again.

granny_ring

Thanks.
    Finger is hovering over the buy button, £195 so worth a punt?
    Would like to get Pikes but budget wont allow…or is there anything else in 140mm around £200 instead?

chestrockwell

I had a pair of 2014’s and they were fine. Very much like the 2012 Revs I had a while back.

granny_ring

Well I’ve gone and done it….
    From these guys

warpcow
    Free Member

For that price I probably would. Dual-flow rebound damper can be had for about £50 as a future upgrade that makes a proper difference.

granny_ring

Cheers worth knowing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Sektor RL Solo Air, any good?’ is closed to new replies.