Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rockshox Sektor Rl – Coil U-turn are they any good
  • younggeoff

after some comments on these as they’re on special at CRC.

Cheers, Geoff

meehaja
    Free Member

boing…. I’m looking at the solo air version, could be tempted to lose some weight off the P7.. Tora’s weigh a ton!

Mackem

Had them about a month, they are very very good. Lighter than I expected, have a quality feel, bargain.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the 20mm ones in white, got them from TFT.

They are really good. Fit and forget and go ride. Used them in the peaks/cannock and just bimbling about and they just work.

Shame I am about to sell them really, but bike change imminent.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, but you are from the ‘reassuringly expensive’ school of component buying Hora.

BadlyWiredDog

I ran some 150mm coil U-Turn Maxle Sektors on a Blue Pig for a few months and I thought they were great forks at a really good price. The technology is basic tried and tested Rockshox stuff, the chassis is pretty much Revelatio, so nowt fancy. They’re plush, they’re mostly under control, they feel very similar to coil Pikes but lighter and maybe just a smidgeon less laterally together in really ‘hit it fast’ Peak rubbly stuff, but you’d probably only notice if you rode them back to back – this is the Maxle version I’m talking about.

I had vague ideas of sticking the better dual flow rebound side of a Team or 2011 Revelation in them, but because the negative spring is part of the rebound stack rather than on the coil side, you can’t do that, which is a shame, because with that or a Push rebound they’d be even better I think. I reckon on a full susser, hitting rocky repetitive things hard, they’d probably do what a standard Pike does at speed and overwhelm the rebound damping, but on a hardtail, I was never brave enough to get to that sort of point. Waiting for a Push upgrade, to come out maybe.

But yeah, good fork in my experience of them. As for second-hand Fox forks, hmmmm….

chiefgrooveguru

No. Coil u-turn. £250 for the 100-140 QR version.

Del

i’d recommend the coil maxle light ones. bought mine from loco tuning for a very favourable price inclusive of PDI and fettle. very similar weight to the 130mm, qr, coil revs i took off as well. nice forks.

Northwind

Personally I’d look for good condition used Revelations instead- my Teams cost barely more than a new set of Sektors.

younggeoff

they’d be going on a Cotic Bfe so I think they’ll do the job

chiefgrooveguru

110-150 Maxle would be great on that!

Presumably they’re cheaper than Revs because a coil spring is much simpler than an air spring. That and simpler damping.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Hope so, i’ve just bought them!

chiefgrooveguru

I keep coming this close (gesticulation of smallness) and stopping myself…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Sektor Rl – Coil U-turn are they any good’ is closed to new replies.