Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rockshox say 15wt, only postie has given me 10wt, any real issue?
  • Wally

Due to CRC mess up I have got 500cc of 10wt oil to put 6 cc in air chamber and bottom of legs . Used 5wt correctly for 114 cc in damper. Should I use it and not bother to sort out?

mikey74
    Free Member

Stick to what the manufacturer says.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’ll be fine. I’ve used 5wt in there before no problem.
    🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Sounds like its only the lube side of things you need this for, I’d leave it but its up to you.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As a mattter if interest, how much did 500cc cost? I buy a litre from motorbike shops for about £7…..
    🙂

Wally

£7

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You now know where to go next time then, yeah?
    😉

druidh
    Free Member

Bluddy theiving postie stole 5w from you?

Wally

Apparently two heavies visited his mum.
    So , if a fuss pot- change it
    In reality it is just acting as a lube in these areas so use.- is a summary?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes, just a lube for the seals. I’ve run mine on 5wt for a while in the past with no noticeable effects. The forks are well over 4 years old now, battered, and still buttery smooth and in top nick.

TBH though, all things considered, if CRC have sent you the wrong stuff, I’d get it changed just on principle myself. If they don’t have any 15wt, get a refund and get a litre for the same price.

🙂

stumpyjon

I’ve just had the same problem, bought 5 wt for the damper circuit without realising I needed 15wt for lube duties. In the end I just stuck some 5wt in the lowers and used some nice sticky Fox Float fluid on the wiper seals. I think it only makes a real difference if you use the wrong weight in the damper circuit.

PJay
    Free Member

I asked something similar a while back and I’m sure that someone mentioned that the 15wt requirement was supposed to reduce/stop leakage (presumably it’s thicker)from the legs – I’m pretty sure that my old Dukes used 5wt for lube duties though. I ended up using a mix of 5wt and Red Rum for the legs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox say 15wt, only postie has given me 10wt, any real issue?’ is closed to new replies.