Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb Stealth v Thomson Elite
  • grantmccall63
    Free Member

I am waiting on an in-shop delivery for the Reverb (2016 model). However, I see I can get a price match and pay £110 more (£310 in total) for a Thomson elite. I am mainly concerned with reliability so will I get that with the Thomson ?

Thanks

jam-bo

No. Get a bikeyoke revive instead.

al2000

+1 for BikeYoke Revive.

escrs
    Free Member

Ive got a reverb on one bike and a brand x on my other bike

If i ever have to replace the reverb it will be with another brand x dropper

Reverb costs £200+ with a 2 year warranty, once out of warranty they cost £90 to be serviced by the likes of tf tuned

The brand x costs £90 with a 2 year warranty, once it dies after 2 years of use just go buy another one

Ive also had a specialized irrc dropper and a ks lev

The brand x beats them all!!!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

That Bikeyoke looks very nice https://m.pinkbike.com/video/475798/

If a bit pricey for the 185mm I’d like.

squealer
    Free Member

I have a reverb and a Thomson on my bikes.

I much prefer the Thomson and I know Alex off here is the same. It’s a lovely piece of kit. We haven’t really had them long enough to comment on reliability though.

You’ll definitely need to ditch the crappy remote it comes with if you do go for it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

We have run both and are now moving over the the revive.

The reverb is repairable but spares are expensive (top cap). The Thomson is a over action but has to be sent away for any and all issues which we had more than our fair share of.

chestrockwell

I’ve had a Thomson and have a Reverb. Thomson is a far superior product imo, very highly recommended. The operation, fit, finish and reliability are another level to the Reverb from my experience.

Liftman

+ 1 on the revive

Managed to get a 185 dropper on a frame that I had a 150 reverb slammed on the clamp.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve got two- or is it three – Thomsons and a Reverb.. Until a couple of months ago, I’ve have said Thomson every time, but my Covert has started creaking badly at full extension. Drop the post for ten seconds then raise it again and it stops for a few minutes then comes back. It’s had a fair bit of use, but seems like a recognised issue and a warranty job to fix.

My Reverb is first generation and has had a lot of hammer. I wore out all the bushes and the pins, but it was an easy enough job to service and it’s been fine since.

On balance the Thomson is a nicer thing and has a quality feel to it, but it’s not flawless and it’s not user maintainable if your’e that way inclined. I’m not sure that’s much help, but there you go.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Managed to get a 185 dropper on a frame that I had a 150 reverb slammed on the clamp.

Out of interest, are post sections that are inserted into the frames similar lengths?

I run a 410/150mm Reverb with about 20mm from collar to top of seatpost and fancy a 185mm Revive, but the top pivot point for the shock lives in the seat tube right under the thingymajig.

If the Revive is longer than the Reverb I’m not sure I’d get away with it.

jam-bo

Dimensions here:

https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/seatpost-revive-185-31-6.html

Looks like about 290mm.

Sacki the designer is really helpful if you email him.

iainc

I recently specced my new Bird Zero with a Reverb Stealth. Swopped it out after 2 rides to a Fox Transfer with a Wolftooth remote. I have the same setup on my FS and prefer everything about it over the Reverb !

chestrockwell

Agree that the Transfer is better than Reverb. If Thomson came in black i’d Have one over either of the others though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

To he’ll with the colour, Thomson need to make tools, bushings and keyways available. I can live with a sealed cartridge but a fully sealed unit that DOESN’T keep the crap out is just BS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb Stealth v Thomson Elite’ is closed to new replies.