Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb servicing.
  • emmodd
    Free Member

The return speed on mine is ridiculous and I think it needs a service. I’m not confident doing this myself and wondered if anyone had any recommendations of where I could have this done without being ripped off.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Take it you have checked the air pressure? 🙂

I took delivery of a shiny new one for my Solaris yesterday and thought it was knackered due to slow return speed, turned out it had very little air in it 🙂

Alan.

emmodd
    Free Member

Nope – not given that a thought tbh. Easy to do?

Ta. 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Take out of bike, unscrew wee air cap on the bottom, screw on pump, charge to 200 psi, done.

emmodd
    Free Member

Think i’ll check air pressure and failing that a system bleed. Don’t fancy messing with seals etc myself though so anything more significant and i’ll be finding a service centre I reckon.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Take out of bike, unscrew wee air cap on the bottom, screw on pump, charge to 200 psi

MAKE SURE IT WORKS, THEN:

unscrew pump, screw on wee air cap, done 😉

legend
    Free Member

Wouldn’t do that until you’ve verified that it’s worked 😉

emmodd
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Never examined it save for sticking it in the bike and riding it 😳

I’ll be sure to check it works first.

d45yth
    Free Member

If it’s not the air, it’ll just want bled. Did the bleed kit come with it? If so, just follow the video on the Sram website.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

A bleed might be in order.. Our Reverb can be found below:

Bleed Kit for RockShox Reverb Seat Post & 2.5wt Fluid

emmodd
    Free Member

You posted me one yesterday 😀

rhysw
    Free Member

The speed issues are related oil ever so slightly leaking over time, most probably from the lever end. As others have said, give it a bleed and pump it up to 250psi and it should return faster.

Superficial
    Free Member

250 psi – are you supposed to put the air in with the post fully extended?

Stupid question but have you tried adjusting the silver collar on the lever?

coatesy
    Free Member

And if it’s still not working after all of the above, Loco’s now servicing them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb servicing.’ is closed to new replies.