Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb Button Repair
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

I managed to smash the button on my Reverb with my knee the other day. I’ve bought the repair kit, as shown bellow. However, I’m not sure how to get the old Reverb button shaft out. There’s just a stub left sticking out. Any ideas? Or even better, has anybody else done this repair before?

I can go out and take some pictures if needs be.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-Remote-Button-Kit-Reverb-Right-R5016020A-/190758745446#vi-content

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have done it

Easy you need a bleed kit then just get stuck in.

easygirl

£42
    Christ

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@larrythelathe- I’ve got a bleed kit and am pretty handy at bleeding it but I’m not sure how to get the old button shaft out. Could you quickly run me through it, please?

Simon

I’m sure someone I know paid £116 for a new Reverb remote button 😯

svalgis
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Underneath the lever clamp you’ll see a small wire ‘bar’.Lever this up and remove with a small flat headed screwdriver (its ‘U’ shaped).The reverb button can now be removed (with cover).

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Ahhh.. I never thought of taking the button off and looking underneath. That’s great, thanks. I’ll sort that tomorrow morning then. Thanks again. If I find a problem then I’ll be back.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Thanks again Rorschach. I’ve just fitted the new button and bled it and it’s perfect once again. Cheers.

willber
    Free Member

the price of sram/avid spares is a joke – i hate them for it. Seems like a shitty way to treat customers – basically rip them off because you know they are screwed without the parts.

Pook

I did this repair, its quite simple but I can’t get mine to bleed properly. It’s a nightmare.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    I did this repair, its quite simple but I can’t get mine to bleed properly. It’s a nightmare.

I pressume that you know about the part where you’ve got to both push and pull on the syringes before you’re done with that stages of the bleed and put seat post bleed port screw in.

The trick I found was to pull the syringe and hold it, then press the button and finally wind the speed adjuster all the way in. You see loads of bubbles come out if you do that, even if you didn’t when doing it the way Rockshox instruct you to.

Hope that helps.

pixelmix
    Free Member

So any cheaper alternatives to the Reverb button kit?

Snagged the button on my shorts a few days ago, and it snapped the little metal bar within the button clean in two. As I picked up the end of the button and the remote is otherwise in working order, I only need the metal bar part of the button, which is only available as part of the £42 kit!

I have suggested to Fisher that it is clearly a useless design if it can be snapped by a pair of shorts, but SRAM tech aren’t interested in dealing directly with me, and insist that if I want them to look at it, it needs to go back through a dealer. Would I be wasting my time sending it back via Merlin (who sold the Reverb to me)?

creamegg
    Free Member

Have you shopped around? Im sure ive seen them for £27 ish.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Seemed to be £40 from UK stores.

Are you perhaps thinking of the German shops? Maybe I’ll go down that route.

Still grumpy about that much money for a tiny piece of metal. 👿

creamegg
    Free Member

Cant remember where i saw them as was looking for a new remote as the problem wasnt fixed after buying the button kit so ive had to buy button kit and another remote.

dirtydog
    Free Member

If anyone does break a button my advice would be to stop using it straight away[/u], the metal push rod can score the bore.

I had to buy a complete remote because I carried on using mine.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb Button Repair’ is closed to new replies.