Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox revelation 416 u turn knocking noise ???
  • bollard
    Free Member

is this anything to worry about and if servicing is required tips and prices would be useful many thanks

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I've got a knocking noise from my 426 u-turns as well. It happens when I compress them from fully extended and then when they start to return. I'm gonna pull them apart at the weekend to see if there is anything obvious. If I can't see anyhting then I'll send them to TF Tuned.

Sorry I can't be of any help but if I find anything I'll post on here.

Keith.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Not sure if they are coil forks but a mate has just had my coil Pikes apart and he said that the spring has a plastic sleeve on it which works its way down. Then when the fork compresses the spring bends slightly and makes contact with the fork inner.
    Putting the sleeve back to the original place solves the problem but needs periodic inspection.
    Had a similar problem with some Fox Vanillas a few years ago.
    Hope that makes sense
    Cheers
    Steve

renton
    Free Member

ive gop this on my revs .
    i spoke to tftuned and thery told me it was play in the u turn helix.

they also said they can take most of the play away during servicing but it isnt anything to worry about.

trickydisco
    Free Member

i spoke to tftuned and thery told me it was play in the u turn helix.

Yep, exactly the same on mine. Knocking noise. Had it serviced and the guy said it was the helix.. packed it with a bit of grease and it's got rid of most of the knocking

Olly
    Free Member

dont TF put in a better version if you ask them to?

its just due to tolerences in a nylon/plastic component.

i would rather have a 2step switch on my revs, 100, or 130, nothing inbetween, one switch to toggle between the two….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox revelation 416 u turn knocking noise ???’ is closed to new replies.