Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation 2010 U Turn air pressure vs rider weight
  • SusieG
    Free Member

I have been looking for an online version of the fork manual to find the air pressure chart for rider weight but can’t find one.

Can anyone advise on the approx pressure recommended for a 53kg rider (or point me in the direction of a copy of the manual online…). Also, what is the minimum weight allowed for?

Many thanks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

enough air to give the right amount of sag. Trial and error is the only way.

http://www.sram.com/en/service/

singletrackmind

start with your weight in lbs in psi in each chamber if dual air .
    If not then stick your weight in lbs in
    Check sag , you want a small drop around 20% .

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s pointless copying someone else’s settings as there are FAR too many other variables other than rider weight. As TJ says, THE ONLY way is to set the sag (About 25% of the fork travel, maybe a tad more) yourself and remember the pressure you used. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry Singletrackmind, that’s not even close. I’m 200lbs and was using about 130psi on my Pikes, and about 150 on my Rebas.

singletrackmind

True PP Im 170lb and down to 90 in both chambers in my Rebas , But you gotta start somewhere.

dan1980
    Free Member

The table of pressures for mine was stuck on the fork leg, I don’t think it’s in the manual.

Don’t forget to factor in your clothes/rucksack/water bladder etc when deciding what your weight is….

SusieG
    Free Member

OK thanks. Just wanted a rough idea to check that the forks will be good for me as a lighter rider. I don’t really get full travel out of my current Fox 32s…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

An air fork will be fine

dan1980
    Free Member

If it helps, the lowest weight setting is listed as < 63Kg 90-115 psi for both +ve and -ve chambers.

votchy
    Free Member

Set positive pressure first, negative needs to be empty, adjust pressure until 25-30% sag achieved, inflate negative to same pressure as positive. Ride and enjoy, adjusting negative a few psi above or below the positive will vary the way the fork reacts to bumps. never had full travel out of my Fox 32’s either and I’m a clumsy 100kg rider 😀

jamesb
    Free Member

You may also need to adjust pressures as fork beds in. At 85kg weight, with a single air Rev RLT Ti dual position initially I started with 90psi to give 20% sag. After a couple of rides I upped this to 110psi, and now, but using a different air pump, am on 130 psi to get same sag.
    Having said which they have now had to be returmed under warranty as it may be that theres an air seal leak and insufficient oil in damper :( :(---so above changes may be exceptional (forks packed down solid to 50% sag at bottom of descent, didnt returm until I lifted front wheel up)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation 2010 U Turn air pressure vs rider weight’ is closed to new replies.