Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rockshox revalations U Turn or Dual Air what to go for?
  • Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

As it says on the tin really they are to go on an Orange 5

Many Thanks

PD

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How long is your pice of string?

If you want to run less travel for climbing/different tracks get the u-turn, if not the dual air and save a few grams.

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

are the U turns easily adjustable out on the trail?

Ben_mw

Mine are. But the U turn on my wifes recons is awful by comparison.

FuzzyWuzzy

My 09 revs are U-Turns and I rarely use it (partly due to forgetting and partly as I never find I need it), the next 140/150mm forks I buy won't have externally adjustable travel.

takisawa2

Used U-Turn maybe 5 times on my Pikes.
    Wouldnt pay over the odds for it.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I get a fair bit of use out of my PIKE U-Turn, mainly for switching between general XC and fun down stuff.

chakaping
    Free Member

I went for the U-Turn but have only used it for long climbs like Whites Level at Afan.

Could have done without it and got a white dual air to match my frame better – but I suppose I have the option to sind it down and use on other bikes if I need to.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Air U-turns aren't as good as the coil variety, which weigh a fair bit more than the dual airs (on older forks)

Dual air all the way IMHO

davcow
    Free Member

Dual air 150mm revs for me on my five.
    Same for my dad on his five as well.

Jammy111
    Free Member

dual air, then set the floodgate quite low so when the compression knob is turned up to max you've got a nice setting that gives you ~8cm of travel for climbing and smooth flats. then unwind the compression damping for the downs. its the way ive got mine set up and i wouldnt want to swap for uturn- too much faf to change whilst riding…

specializedneeds

U-turn is great on long climbs – sitting on the saddle nose for 45 mins isn't much fun!

I removed the detent balls and springs from underneath (out of necessity the night before a big ride) and found it a lot easier to use on the fly, so don't think I'll bother replacing them.

U-turn is handy for embarrassing your mates who've had to give up on a steep climb IME

MrGreedy

Depends on your riding really. U-turn is perfect for me as there's nothing too technical locally so I keep them at 110mm all the time, then they come into their own at trail centres or other trips further afield. I find them dead easy to adjust on the fly too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

specializedneeds – Member
    U-turn is great on long climbs – sitting on the saddle nose for 45 mins isn't much fun!

Where the hell do you ride that it takes 45 minutes to get to the top?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

never felt the need to have or use either lockout or travel adjust on forks of any travel. Just bought 140mm dual air Revs from merlin for my 456 and sold the poploc lever here as I wont even use that. Got 160mm non-adjustable-travel lyriks on my Nomad and its not fork length or bike geom that ever makes me walk on climbs 🙄

specializedneeds

Poploc is pretty redundant on my 5 too, don't really get out of the saddle other than downhill. But then I do use the lockout on the singlespeed (for climbs). Don't know much about the Nomad but sounds like a big bike, good climber?

specializedneeds

Thinking about it: I've never used the u-turn at a trail centre, so could be overkill for many.

thebunk

If you're looking at the Merlin deal, aren't the revelation u-turns dual air anyway? I haven't looked at mine properly yet, but they have separate positive and negative chambers.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox revalations U Turn or Dual Air what to go for?’ is closed to new replies.