Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox Recons – change travel
  • StuF

I've got a pair of recon 335 SL (100mm coil) – I think these are OEM ones and they could do with a bit more travel.

Anyone know if I can get these upped to around 115/120 without huge cost (ie before it comes worth my while changing for some nice revs/rebas)?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Im pretty certain that OEM Recons cant be adjusted internally for travel. Give TFT a call to clarify i would say.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've got some too; don't think travel can be changed.

JxL
    Free Member

I had a similar issue with Reba's, and been told various things by TFT and other shops which turned out to be untrue. Ring these guys, I believe they are distributors of Rockshox stuff in the UK and know thing or two about it.

http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk/public/index.php/brand/sram/contact.html

It turned out my reba's could not be upped from 100mm to 120mm, but only lowered to 80mm. Then again your forks are coil and different model, so best of luck!

BoardinBob

JxL, what model of Rebas were you unable to extend to 120mm?

StuF

Response from fisher:
    The Recon 335 SL can have a travel change done. However many of the internal parts would need to be changed. The rebound damper spring shaft and spring would all need changing the total cost of this would be £98 without any labour

– so it'll be some second hand revs/recons at some point instead

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Recons – change travel’ is closed to new replies.