Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox Recon or XC30?
  • GrumpyDave
    Free Member

If you had the choice of either what would you fit? Both are 29″.
    XC30s are coil sprung and the Recon’s are air sprung.
    The XC30’s have a cable operated lockout but no compression adjust, the Recon’s have compression adjust.
    Recon’s have the second set of bushings, the XC30 don’t.
    The Recon’s came off an old Trek I broke and ,apparently, have G2 geometry (?).
    Anyone know of any problems with either of these forks?
    Thanks
    Dave

jeffl

Recon is better I believe. Well I hope it is as I chose them over the xc30 on my bike a year or so back.

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Anyone else?

cdoc
    Free Member

Not really relevant, but I hammered a set of recon 351 coils for three years without service or problems. They then went off to live with a mate and they seem just as happy as ever!

xc30’s are alright. Kind of basic compared to the recons, though.

Edit* Recons should be a tad lighter and stiffer, too.

Also just remembered that my mate had a pair of xc28s before the recons and he was well happy with the upgrade

teadrinker
    Free Member

I have a set of 30’s on my Charge Cooker and they’re the gold stanchion ones with air. I like them, can’t fault them for me. I also had a pair of recons on my old Clockwork and thought they were awful. However the Recons were the basic model. Saying that though I am going to be selling my 30’s soon as upgrading to get a new forks. These were new from August and haven’t had a hammering, good condition, tapered with QR drop outs. Long steerer also (210mm plus) from an XL sized Charge Cooker 4. Email in profile if tempted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Recon or XC30?’ is closed to new replies.