Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RockShox Recon travel adjustment (2009 Kula)
  • jimmyjames
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the travel on the RockShox Recon that comes on the 2009 Kona Kula is adjustable to 120mm? I know some are and apparently some aren’t. Is the only way to find out to open it up and see if there are any spacers in there?

james
    Free Member

What is the wording on the fork (ie its full name?)

AFAIK it depends on whether it is the ‘trail/all mountain’ model or the ‘cross country version’
    Also whether it is coil, coil U-turn or solo air

Trail/all mountain models are named 327, 335(turnkey lockout) and 351(motion control) or were until recently
    All are available in coil U-turn 85-130mm (some 95-140mm models later (all if not most with 20mm thru-axle?) or solo air (which is internally adjustable from 80-130mm(130mm requiring no spacers in the spring), there may also be some 90?-140mm internally adjustable models?

XC models (XC, SL and race – I don’t know which is better than anbother) I believe have a maximum of 100mm. Some are fixed travel coil, some are solo air which may or may not be internally adjustable between 80-100mm?

I believe the sector/sektor has replaced the trail/all mountain recon now

jimmyjames
    Free Member

Right, okay. That’s all a bit confusing! I think they are Recon SL Solo Air, if that helps any. They have the sticker on that lists 100mm and 120mm recommended air pressure, but that could just be a sticker that goes on everything regardless.

james
    Free Member

SL would fall into the cross country recons

Have a look on the rockshoc website under the cross country forks bit and look at the recons in there. As far as I know (though I know for certain very little of what I put up above) the SLs shouldn’t have changed
    If theres 100mm and 120mm pressure reccomendations printed on it, then you’d think it might be adjustable between the two. IF this is the case, then to get them to 120mm you have to remove a 20mm spacer out of the spring assembly (in the upper LH leg*) to get them to run at 120mm

*I think for the sake of not losing oil it probably isn’t possible to take the spring assembly out from the top and you’d have to do a full strip down as per the rockshox service guide (downloadable somewhere off their site) which is pretty straitforward to follow. Just need some suspension oil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Recon travel adjustment (2009 Kula)’ is closed to new replies.