Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox recon topping out.
  • dantsw13

I have just acquired a set of 2009 recon solo air forks. They are really smooth, hold air well, but at the top of the stroke there is a small knocking sound as they hit the stops. Is this normal or is a service required? Can I ride them until my other bike is back on the road (Avid elixir bleed issue)?

Many thanks.

dantsw13

BTTT – any ideas??

chrisdw
    Free Member

More rebound? 😛

dantsw13

I could wind up the rebound, but that wouldn’t be ideal for me. My Fox 32RL doesn’t do it with the same rebound. I just wondered if it was normal with these forks.

jezketley
    Free Member

I have a set of 08 or 09 recon races. I haven’t noticed any knocking. And mine need a service.

evanssuspension
    Free Member

Hi dantsw13,
    Its more than likely that knock is coming from the air assembly rather than the damper assembly. Could either be that the top-out bumper is split allowing to two components to knock together on the air shaft, or a seal on the lower part of the air assembly. Although the fork holds air there are some other air seals at the base of the air rod that create a negatve pressure during use. If one of these is leaking it can lead to the fork topping out and giving a knock.
    This video shows the air assembly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUUhHR2FbM
    Feel free to contact me for help and advice at the Evans Suspension Service Centre Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm on 015397 32262
    Thanks
    Robin

dantsw13

Thanks guys – service it is!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox recon topping out.’ is closed to new replies.