Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RockShox recon stanchion showing – how much?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

As i said in a previous thread i have changed the configuration of my spacers.
    They had 50mm of spacers meaning 80 mm travel, now have 30mm of spacers so 100mm travel. Weirdly they are showing 120mm of stanchion – is this correct?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Dual air? Did you check the stanchion length when all spacers were in place?

speaker2animals

How much stanchion showed when set at 80mm travel? I would think it's correct, you wouldn't want full travel to bring the stanchion into or near to contact with the crown.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

think it was about 95mm when at 8omm travel

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

The static height isn't important. Sit on the bike with your regular riding gear on, level the pedals, adopt your regular stood descending position and measure the sag. This is your dynamic ride height.
    It's far more important than any other measurement in terms of suspension performance.
    If it measures 75mm travel left, you've got a fork with 25% sag @ 100mm base setting and a supple initial to midstroke action.
    Good for comfortable mostly seated XC riding.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not really what i was asking but cheers anyway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RockShox recon stanchion showing – how much?’ is closed to new replies.