Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rockshox recon; bit of a clunk
  • barzy38
    Free Member

bought some pre-loved Recons for the chicks bike that seemed perfectly fine.
    however, on the bike, there’s a bit of a clunk at the top of the stroke, before the air cartridge actually begins to do anything, about 5mm of movement.
    i’ve stripped the lowers, and it is the air top tube that is causing this.
    i’ve got rev’s and never had problems, but never had a rs single air before, they may all be like this.
    anyone come across anything like this before?
    they’re 80mm
    ta for any suggestions

barzy38
    Free Member

any opinions?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’ve heard somewhere on tftuned website that the solo air cartridge has a bit of movement in the top 1mm or so to adjust both air chambers so it could be this?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rebound dampers sometimes generate a slight klunk when the damping is turned up, I’ve been told. Try a faster rebound setting to see if it goes.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Are they gold or silver reccons sounds like as mentioned before the value through which the two chambers equlise. It’s kept open with a wavy washer which may be broken, sounds like a strip down of the air assembly is in order they may just need a service.

cp

Mine do the same. Need to strip down and investigate. Job for the weekend……!

barzy38
    Free Member

thanks for all replies, will be stripped tonight if I get the washing up done

stinker
    Free Member

I’d be interested in the outcome too, mine have done this occasionally for the last couple of months.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rockshox recon; bit of a clunk’ is closed to new replies.