• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by RRD.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox Reba – wiper seals popped out of lowers?!
  • RRD
    Free Member

Some STW advice please.

The wiper seals on my pretty new RS Rebas have popped out of the fork lower of their own accord for seemingly no reason?

Should I be concerned – or just pop them back in and crack on?

Jason
    Free Member

I assume it is only on one leg? If so it sounds like a warranty issue. It is caused by air leaking from the compression chamber into the lower leg and causing the seal to blow out.

The same happened on my wife’s Reba and they were fixed by SRAM.

nuke

If so it sounds like a warranty issue. It is caused by air leaking from the compression chamber into the lower leg and causing the seal to blow out

If its this im assuming that the fork is losing air pressure? If so, then RRD can check this. Could just be a one off…new seals, touch too much grease around them on factory install making easy to pop out on first use?

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

My 2013 Rebas did this a few times after about 6 months, I just pressed them back in. But then noticed fork was also sinking into its travel a bit, so ordered new seal kit as the foam rings were filthy also, dropped the lowers, cleaned everything with IPA and refilled with correct amount of oil, and they’ve been fine since (8 months+)
    But I’m ok with doing stuff like that, if you’re not, and they’re under warranty, let someone else sort them out!

chored
    Free Member

I had a pair of Sektors which this happened to just after I got the bike. There would be a loss of pressure after the seal had popped, so assume air was leaking into the lower. I reseated the seal a couple of times rather than take the bike back to the shop and it stopped happening…

… but 2 years later I had the forks serviced and it started happening again, LBS couldn’t resolve it in the end and I ended up buying new forks. In hindsight I should have taken the bike back to the shop once it had happened more than once.

RRD
    Free Member

Thank you

Sounds like a warranty issue. Forks only fitted in Mid August AND I thought they were losing air pressure too. So all now makes sense.

Cheers

RRD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba – wiper seals popped out of lowers?!’ is closed to new replies.