Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox Reba Trouble
  • footstomper
    Free Member

Anyone from the Collective had problems with the Rockshox Reba RL Forks 2013.
    For the last 3 rides the L/Hand Top Seal has Popped out without any undue pressure being applied whilst riding and today the forks would not return to full length from a compressed position, they seemed to be stuck around halfway and would only return to full length when I stopped and dismounted 🙁
    I have already emailed the supplier regarding returning them as they are still under warranty but would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and did you find out the cause?

Cheers

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Air chamber leak. I had dual airs and had a recurring problem with air leaking from the neg chamber. It escapes into the leg and eventually the pressure pops the dust seal.
    I had the same issue fixed twice, unfortunately not under warranty. Put me off air forks, now on coil sektors.

mjsmke

I’ve had this on ’08 dual air rebas. I removed the lowers and made sure there was no oil/grease on the contact areas between the lower leg and seal. Then before replacing the bolts under each leg i compressed the forks and held them compressed while putting the bolts back in. This meant when the forks are compressed there is no build up of pressure to pop the seals (unless you have an air leak). I had to add more positive pressure to compensate but they feel fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba Trouble’ is closed to new replies.