Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rockshox Reba Team 120 or Fox F120 RL? For Cotic Soul
  • theo_godfrey
    Free Member

Anyone tried both?

To go on a Cotic Soul. Like the travel adjust of the Reba, since I'll be using the bike for both XC and trails, but I've had good experience of Fox forks on my Epic.

Couldn't get a through axle version of either because don't think the SLX hubs I'm getting would allow it.

Kit
    Free Member

Just replaced my F120RLs with the Reba 120 Maxle Lites. Not really ridden the Rebas in anger, yet, but initial thoughts are that the Fox's feel much much nicer/plusher, very good control but you have to ride faster to appreciate them, I could never get full travel (wouldn't get last 10-15mm) for the correct sag, I found them a wee bit flexy (no webbing in the arch/brace) but they look v. sexy 😉 and are lighter. The Rebas are OK so far, but only ridden them in the snow so hard to tell, but they're not as smooth. No comment on damping yet as, like I've said, I've not really tested them out much.

theo_godfrey
    Free Member

Begs the question – why did you replace the F120?

poppa
    Free Member

Maybe they will 'bed in'?

tang
    Free Member

reba team maxles here on a soul. i love them(mainly mud and ice so far), better than the coil revs they replaced. plush and easy to set up, 120 w/sag feels about right . fitted them the tail end of the autumn and looking forward to the spring/summer to give them some good riding.

jad
    Free Member

I went from Fox to RS Revelations and like you was a bit concerned about the initial stiction. After a few rides they got much smoother. Not quite a smooth as the Fox in the first part of the travel but not far off it. Increasing the negative air also frees them up a bit.

chakaping
    Free Member

IMO the damping on the new Reba Team is better than on Fox 32s, or Fox 36 for that matter.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I personally think that if you're getting them OEM on the bike, Fox are nice to have. If you're buying aftermarket, Rock Shox offer much better value and the performance is negligible between them at best.

I have fox on both my bike but one pair was with the bike and the other was aftermarket but an OEM bargain.

Kit
    Free Member

Begs the question – why did you replace the F120?

Because I was selling off my full-sus, which had a front wheel with a 20mm DT Swiss hub, which I wanted to keep. I was going to upgrade the Fox lowers to QR15, and get a converter for the hub. But alas, DT don't do a 15mm converter for a 440 hub, only 9mm. I didn't want to waste the burly wheel by sticking it in a 9mm fork, so I got the 20mm Rebas instead!

theo_godfrey
    Free Member

Hmmm…the F120's are also only £440 to the Reba's £550 (Merlin – getting a Rock Lobster and sripping the parts for my Soul frame)

Kit
    Free Member

Do you really need the Uturn Rebas? Most people have 130mm forks on Souls, no? I nearly bought my Maxle 120 Rebas for about £370, when I got another set nearly new for £280 🙂

Northwind

08 Revelation dual-air u-turns and Souls could be made for each other… Perfect match IMO. You only get motion control of course not black box but I'd say it does the job, nice supple feel and only gets out of its depth if you're pushing it. Having the 130mm and 100mm options on the Soul is really very nice, though it can do everything you're likely to ask of it at 120mm, or at 130mm for that matter

Vortexracing

Not tried both, but I have nothing but praise for my 20mm Teams.

the teams damping is first rate

They are as good as my pushed Pikes that they replaced

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba Team 120 or Fox F120 RL? For Cotic Soul’ is closed to new replies.