• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gee.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox reba RL problem.
  • mtbben
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Went out for a ride yesterday, first for a month or so, and noticed my forks were really soft. I assumed they just needed some air in so got the shock pump out. To my surprise they were at the recommended pressure. In the end I put a fair bit more in than recommended (extra 40psi). Even then they still felt softer than usual.

The forks are a 2011 rockshox reba rl. Will this be a simple case of a knack erred seal or something similar?

Thanks in advance for the help.

mtbben
    Free Member

Bump

jairaj

Are these the dual air versions? check that +ve and -ve chambers are correct. Also try removing all air from the system then re-filling.

Are they new forks bedding in? Both my RS forks took a few rides to bed in and loosen up I was putting a bit more air after the seals loosened up.

But if the fork feels fine just ride with what ever pressure gives you the correct sag.

usually if the seals go the fork will lose air pressure, so maybe check the pressure every ride to see whats happening.

mtbben
    Free Member

Yeah it’s the dual air ones. I’ve done about 1000 miles on them so not new. I did try letting all the air out and refilling. I even tried a different shock pump to make sure it wasn’t the gauge playing up.

I’ll give them a check after each ride to see what’s going on.

Thanks.

wordnumb
    Free Member

They do benefit from the occasional service, Rebas.

Scapegoat

Potentially silly question, but did you refill the neg chamber as well?

mtbben
    Free Member

Yeah I have filled both chambers 🙂

They didn’t seem to ride too badly after I put the pressure up. Just seems strange to have to put so much air in. I’m not very experienced with these so just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something more sinister.

jairaj

Usually with air forks if it feels fine then go with it.

gee
    Free Member

Have you put on a few pounds 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox reba RL problem.’ is closed to new replies.