• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • rockshox reba rl 100mm o rings 2012
  • mushieypea
    Free Member

Is there anybody out there in mtb world with the knowledge of suspension forks.i would like to swap out my o rings, but i don’t know the relevant sizes could anyone please help.

nuke

All <2012 RS 32 forks (rev/sektor/reba) are pretty much the same. This kit does the job… http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181609080157&alt=web

Why do you think they need changing?

mushieypea
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply.had the bike best part of 3 years not been serviced.would have liked individual sizes so i could buy them myself. Thanks you

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tweakie
    Free Member

If you are after service kits, contact these guys – http://stores.ebay.co.uk/plushsuspension/
    The owner of Plush used to work at the RS distributor, used to teach Cytec and is a good friend of mine.

What you have to remember about o-rings for ANY company is that they test their seals/orings against the oils that they use. Using ‘brand x’ oils and ‘brand y’ seals may be cheap, but if they havent been tested, the “base” of the orings (that being the chemical structure of the o-ring) may react with the oil. If you dont know what i’m on about, take an o-ring from a brake that uses DOT 4 fluid, then put it in a pot/jar with some 5wt suspension oil and come back 24 hours later – the o-ring expands, degrades and breaks down. The net result will be (in your case) a leaking air seal, loss of travel, loss of control and potentially a broken face!

As they said to me when I was in school (with reference to drugs) “Don’t do it kids. “

Contact Plush.

nuke

The net result will be (in your case) a leaking air seal, loss of travel, loss of control and potentially a broken face!

As they said to me when I was in school (with reference to drugs) “Don’t do it kids. “

Contact Plush.

😆 Brilliant, scaremongering sales pitch of the day

Sorry mushieypea, don’t know individual sizes of o-rings but used the ones in my link several times and my face is still intact 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘rockshox reba rl 100mm o rings 2012’ is closed to new replies.