Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox Reba Race… servicing
  • Scapegoat

Just managed to get hold of a cheap seal kit for my 2009/10 reba race fork. Two questions: What sort of oil do I need …. minefield of different weights out there, I’m guessing at 100 ml or so of 5w for the fork leg and a small amount of 15w for the foam seals. Where is the cheapest place to get the oils from?
    Second question. Are Reba race fixed travel? Mine are 100mm at present, but wondering if they are spacered and therefore adjustable 90 to 120? If so how do you change the travel once stripped?

mk1fan
    Free Member

If the forks are marked ‘All Travel’ then you can adjust the travel by adding or removing plastic spacers.

I have used engine oil when I needed to do a lower leg service in Morzine one year. Worked fine and the forks felt great. That said, however, ‘proper’ motorbike fork oil can be got from Halfords and alike cheaper than the mtb specific stuff.

Check Srams website for the user manual for your forks and that’ll contain the details on what you need to do. There are also numerous You Tube how to vids. Also ‘Enduro Seals’ produced some very good and easy to follow guides for swapping over to their seals.

schnor
    Free Member

Castrol Fully Synthetic Fork Oil 10w for the lowers, Castrol Fork Oil 10W (not 5w!) for the damping. They’re the nearest / cheapest viscosity oils I can find to the RS 5w & 10w oils (I can post links / etc if you want). Halfords / ebay / etc and around £6 each for 500ml.

Check the manual for the volume of damping oil, and use lowers oil to lube the seals / etc, no massive need for expensive and specific seal grease TBH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba Race… servicing’ is closed to new replies.