Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rockshox reba oil change – inners
  • PJay
    Free Member

I knocked the lowers of my Rebas, cleaned them up and refitted with suspension oil and Red Rum a while back to clear out any bushing debris, but didn’t change the oil inside the legs (I have done this with Dukes before though).

The Reba service instructions basically talk you through a complete strip down and rebuild but I don’t feel that confident about dismantaling everything and faffing with the ‘O’ rings (when they go it’s probably a case of sending them off to TF Tuned for a proper job) but I make decide just to change the internal oil.

As the instructions are for a total strip down, the lowers are off when the internal oil is changed, I assume that I can simple remove the air pressure and open up the legs and change the oil with the lowers in place (the requirements for the damping/spring legs to be fully extended can presumably me met by pulling the lowers away from the crown). I’d be leaving the negative spring assembly in place.

I reckon it makes sense to ask though as I’m not sure how the postive and negative chambers relate.

Sonor
    Free Member

I’ve done a complete service on my Reba’s, They are three years old, but the O-rings were in good condition so I left them in.

I think you can remove the air then the top cap for the compression damper side and let the oil drain out, but I would pull the compression damper assembly out so you can freely extract the oil.

PJay
    Free Member

Sorry, bit unclear there. Yes I would be removing the damping cyclinder (from the top of the damping leg) to allow the oil to drain but was intending on leaving the lowers on and the damping mechanism and negative air mechanism in place in the lowr legs.

Sonor
    Free Member

I can’t see any problem with doing that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox reba oil change – inners’ is closed to new replies.