Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ROCKSHOX Reba adapter help??
  • xcstu
    Free Member

I have just got a new pair of Rockshox Reba Team's 2009… (post mount)

My previous Reba are IS mounts! What adapter will I need to fit my hope mono mini (older black version)
    180 caliper and rotor…

Chain Reaction suggested this but it doesn't fit ;-(
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13735

Cheers stu

Junkyard
    Free Member

mono mini can be either IS or post mount iirc so what type do you have?

xcstu
    Free Member

Junkyard – As my old forks it is a IS mount caliper so need an adapter?

Junkyard
    Free Member

bear with me will look

I also think it is that one why does it not work?

xcstu
    Free Member

I have had a reply back from chain reaction ;-/ they say there is not an adaptor out there that will allow a caliper to go on a post mount fork without putting an extra 20mm on…. so my current caliper being an 180 means I would have to put a 200mm rotor on ;-( is this right?

i'm thinking the best option would be to try and track down a hope mono mini 160mm caliper and swap?

any suggestions would help 😉 ideally i would like to keep the brakes the same (i.e black mono mini's)
    OR get new mono mini's (that are now POST) but just spent my dosh on new forks ;-/

still scratching my head to why rockshox changed them round… aaaahh

Junkyard
    Free Member

or why Hope did!
    SUreky your caliper is just a 160mm?
    All post mount ones just put on forks are 160mm is your not the same?

Could you adapt a J fitting ? This is IS forks but post mount caliper?

only prob is tha the IS bit is not threaded though so would require a bolt and nut. I have one lying around at home will double check to see if it would work.

xcstu
    Free Member

i have a no.3 IS hope caliper that when on the front is a 180mm and 160mm if it was on the back…

as soon as you try to fit this to a POST mount fork with the adapter it becomes a 200mm

Hope now do the new ones in POST MOUNT but not in the old which i have a set of right now ;-/

So this J adapt.. what does this look like? it does sound like there isn't a normal adaptor and thinking i will have to look on the classifieds for a spare no.5 caliper?

Junkyard
    Free Member

this is IS to post (mount to caliper) and 180 front 160 rear.
    Probably a mirror image of what you need though or possibly go to 203!
    Other companies adapters also work such as avid and Shimano do they do one?
    What a ball ache for you this is eh.

xcstu
    Free Member

Yep a right ball ache ;-/

the only solution I can think of is changing the caliper to a smaller 160mm and using the adapter to fit a POST MOUNT will then fit my 180 rotor 😉

just got to find a caliper now so i can go riding…..

funkynick

If it's a 180mm caliper, it'll be designed to bolt onto a standard IS fork mount. Therefore you'd need a 160mm PM(fork) to IS(caliper) adaptor, which apparently doesn't exist (although I seem to have one at home on my SS).

Anyway, the upshot is that you'll have to either:-

a) run a 200mm disc using a 160mm PM to IS +20mm adaptor,
    b) find a 160mm IS Mono Mini and use that same adaptor, or
    c) get a 180mm PM Mono Mini

funkynick

Just a thought.. Hope appear to do half calipers for swapping between fork mount styles, so would it be worth getting in contact with them and asking if they have the appropriate half caliper to make yours into a 180mm PM fit?

{Edit} Scrap that thought as it appears to only be for the non-mono calipers.

xcstu
    Free Member

Cheers guys 😉

Might be worth a try with hope? Thing is i'm really after the older version so it fit in with my current system… not sure if hope would keep any of the older versions anymore?

Think i fancy b, at the moment funkynick, is this like your adaptor funkynick?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13732

funkynick

That adaptor converts a PM caliper to an IS fork, mine does the opposite and looks different to that. I'll take it off the bike tonight and try and get a piccie online.

xcstu
    Free Member

Cheers funkynick

Just out of interest what make is this adaptor?

antigee

got same problem (except got 160mm rotor) – in this thread earlier today STATO has posted a link to an adaptor at CRC that looks like it will do the job ok

edit here is link to other post

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/post-mount-to-is-numpty-q

antigee

here is STATO's suggestion to save reading my numpty ?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13735

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ROCKSHOX Reba adapter help??’ is closed to new replies.