Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox Pikes..
  • MartynS

got some 454 Coil pikes the other week to go on the front of my Turner, I'm not to sure I like them…
    I had Vanilla 130r before and loved them, I can't seem to get the RS feeling "right".
    I need to give them a bit longer to bed in (I Think) I've done about 10 hours on them
    Any set up tips/advice out there though??

I am having a semi serious think about getting the 2010 Revs with the Maxle, I like the feel of coil forks, and the rear shock is coil
    I'm sure I read/heard mixing coil and air shocks could feel a bit funny* (*might just be making that up..)

rich-6
    Free Member

What is it about them you dont like, Mine are coil and like butter, always working and go through the travel predictably on a firm

MartynS

This is the thing.. I can't really describe what I don't like. They don't feel as smooth as the vanillas (yet) But somehow the bike feels a bit dead

khani
    Free Member

i dont think the damping is as good, i did exactley the same on my 5spot after running 05 fox talas and evan though the pikes were stiffer they did'nt feel as nice and were noticably heavier on the front end, so the pikes got shunted to the hardtail and some 15mm 09 talas were put on, the difference was much nicer, not as stiff as pikes but feel much smoother and seem to carry speed better, im afraid i'm a fox fan 8)

UK-FLATLANDER

Have you got the right spring rate for your weight, also try here for advice on set uphttp://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=456716. I have just put Pike on my 5 Spot, and they were great in the Alps this summer. I used a X Firm spring (I'm 13.5 stone or so), will probably move down to a firm.

nbt

I feel tereible now as that's the second pair of forks you;ve bought on my recommendation that haven't worked out for you. Want to try mine and see if it's Pikes in general or just your pair?

Del

revelations are all air these days.

Jezwick
    Free Member

MartynS – Member

This is the thing.. I can't really describe what I don't like. They don't feel as smooth as the vanillas (yet) But somehow the bike feels a bit dead

They won't, Fox Vans are the smoothest forks your ever buy ..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jeswick, seconded.

Now, I love my RS forks (I've used coil and air Pikes, coil Recons and air Rebas) and they are brilliant, reliable and cheap. But I've had some Vanilla Rs for just over a year now and I'll admit that the Foxes are better damped. There's not much in it, and if you fiddle enough you can make a difference, but the Pikes never will feel *quite* as smooth as Vanillas…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pikes..’ is closed to new replies.