Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Pike Top Out/Clunk
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Suffering from the dreaded Pike Clunk/Top Out.

Only started when i changed the air spring from 150 to 160mm. The forks work flawlessly, but have 10mm of dead band before the damping kicks in and play when there is no weight on the fork.

googled it and it seems that the Bypass Slot can become full of sram butter stuff when you change the air spring meaning that the positive and negative air springs don’t balance.

Ive tried all the tricks of letting air out, putting cable ties down the sides etc and none seem to have done the job.

Anyone had this before?
    Where is the bypass slot? Ive checked tech docs and on my old air spring and can’t spot it so must be on the stanction somewhere.

Thanks

robhughes
    Free Member
    pbooker1995
    Free Member

Cheers Rob 🙂

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Any more thoughts on this anyone?

batfastard

My pikes lost all their damping in their first few mm of travel, which gradually increased to the first inch. An o-ring in the cartridge had started weeping and had let out a few ml of fluid. O ring replaced and cartridge re-bled (under warranty) and all working perfectly now.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Mine now clunk on top out since I refitted the 150mm air spring. Not worried about though as you don’t notice it riding and performance isn’t effected. They did the same when I first shortened them with the 140 air spring, but knocking went after a few hard rides. I’m confident it’s just the slot for balancing chambers blocked with the grease I put on damper quad seals.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Chipbutty, Did you change the air pressure at all while riding them “hard”, or did you leave them alone and just ride them as normal.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Just rode as normal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pike Top Out/Clunk’ is closed to new replies.