Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Rockshox Pike, any one got one yet?
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Can you get the saddle any further back?.. 😮

honourablegeorge

gordonb – Member

Arrived last Friday, only had a quick local blast to try out, but I’m off to Inners on Saturday for a proper test.

No black ones in stock?

gordonb
    Free Member

the dual air only comes in white, as far as i could tell.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Dual air in the UK is white only. Black yins have to come from the US or the continent.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Well thats definitely cemented my decision that I don’t need dual air.

Moda
    Free Member

Looking at the info am I correct in assuming that the 29 140mm are only available in solo air ?

trusty

Anyone ridden the pike against the revelations in 29r flavour? Much difference in stiffness? I’m used to the 26 version and like em but wondered about the 29 version

deadkenny
    Free Member

not done mine yet but plan is a fully black 150mm 26 standard solo air and none of your dual this and that stuff… on my undecaled black Carbon 456. Goes with the black cranks, chainring, bars and all other components.

I just need new wheels though, something tubeless ready or UST… and black rims.

And the stealth beast is ready 😀

(though I do have a couple of red stem spacers and grip ends, plus the pins on the Vault pedals are blue 😉 )

bigwill
    Free Member

I’ve ridden both the pike 150 650b and the revelation 140 rct3 on a Norco sight killer b. I always found the revs problematic. In that they struggled to cope with very varied trail conditions under the same setup. If they ran smooth then they were prone to dive under braking and if more pressure was put in then they felt to harsh. The factory recommended pressure always felt to harsh. But anything less resulted in bottom outs. The pikes so far have been spot on. They feel stiffer, and definitely don’t dive or bottom out under the same conditions. I was always flicking between the 3 settings on the revs but tend to ride in the middle setting on the pikes. With the pikes you feel you have more confidence to take on bigger hits, 150 mm of travel on the sight killer b feels right. Norco should have built the bike with this travel as standard, but then it would have been to close to the Range, which would have been pointless for flogging / marketing their bikes.

heihei

Anyone ridden the pike against the revelations in 29r flavour? Much difference in stiffness?

Yes. Pikes are stiffer despite being a 15mm axle vs my Revs which are 20mm. This isn’t the big difference though – Pikes are in a different league in terms of damping control.

gaz552
    Free Member

Is it daft that due to the colour of the pikes (150mm solo air being black), I’m thinking I should go for a black cotic rocket rather than orange. Just don’t imagine the black coating and black stanchions looking right with an orange (and white) frame…

jairaj

the dual air only comes in white, as far as i could tell.

Do you mean dual position air? Rock shox stopped doing the dual air spring a while back. As far as I know, all of their air forks are now solo air.

Dual air and dual position air are two very different things.

gordonb
    Free Member

yup dual position….

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it daft that due to the colour of the pikes (150mm solo air being black), I’m thinking I should go for a black cotic rocket rather than orange. Just don’t imagine the black coating and black stanchions looking right with an orange (and white) frame…

I’d be inclined to agree.

The orange ones would want a white fork ideally.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Though in marketing terms they sell Solo Air or Dual Position. The later may still be SA but if you explicitly get SA you aren’t going for DP. As I understand it anyway, and hope as I don’t want DP.

dibboid
    Free Member

Looked on the Germans Web site and I only see tapered steerers. Do they come in a straight steerer flavour does anyone know?

Edit: 26″ too

boxxer7
    Free Member

Tapered only I’m afraid

LoCo
    Free Member

Got a few sets of 26″ Solo airs delivered today all sold now though, some of the other models appear to still be in stock with Fishers though.

tomglass20
    Free Member

Hi peeps

Iv just sold my 34’s for a set of these now where is the cheapest/best place to buy them ???

Cheers

Tom

boxxer7
    Free Member

Bike discount.de had stock earlier this week 590 delivered.

Fitted mine today and went out for a bit, they are super sensitive at the beginning of their stroke almost as good as the 55 RC3 ti’s I had. They ride really high up the travel to as others have said blow my 34s away that they replaced.

Came with extra bottomless Tokens, pump and service kit for all the seals to!

kelvin

LoCo
    Still waiting on 2014 drawings and parts lists for these as want different length air springs for my set.

Did you work this out?
    Ie, can a 150mm fork me changed to a 160mm travel, and visa versa?

PARTS LIST suggests doable.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hopefully getting some next week 🙂 Can’t wait

outspoken
    Free Member

I was told none in the Uk until Jan 15th… (27.5)

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pike, any one got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.