Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Pike 426….what do we think of them?
  • bruneep

seen a 426 U turn with motion control, are they ok?

Ta

B

mccett
    Free Member

Had 426 U turn 2005 model (pre motion control though) now for 5 years – no probs at all. Been hammered to death and did months in Canada on Cove G Spot. Great forks, now on my On One 456 SS and still the one set of forks i wouldnt get rid of.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Pretty nice, just make sure you service them more than i did and they should be just fine.

Only thing i don't like is how they wind down on their own if you're doing drops or jumps. Top of hill 140mm of travel, bottom of hill 100mm of travel. Not good.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tough as old boots but could be better damped.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Make sure you service them/clean their seals!

GW
    Free Member

Bungtastic – Had a look at the state of your U-turn bearings and springs in the adjuster? maybe try stronger springs/new bearings? or could you even run 6 instead of 3?
    one of my sets of Pikes' adjuster moves of it's own accord too but I only run them at 95mm anyway, well as close to 95mm as it will go but with the lever flipped towards the steerer and positioned for max clearance on the downtube, have noticed the lever is often at a different angle – thought it was just getting moved by the rubber on my crudguard from X-ups.. maybe not, eh?

bungalistic
    Free Member

I have 4 or 5 ball bearing and springs in there now but it still loses travel, may just need a new u-turn cap the old one could be a bit worn by now.

The forks are currently unused anyway due to very slight wear on one stanchions due to not cleaning the seals (ever) so until I get new seals and oil they sit in a cupboard waiting to be serviced.

dasnut
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs and neither loose travel (actually 454 air and coil).
    I did have a pair of coil lyriks that did however, but that was solved by tftuned and more ball bearings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Pike 426….what do we think of them?’ is closed to new replies.