Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RockShox Pearl 3.1 Rear Shock Help
  • theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Hi

I’ve recently bought a second-hand Cotic Hemlock frame (100mm travel) fitted with a RockShox Pearl 3.1 shock. The shock looks nice and clean and well looked after, but I have a problem setting the correct air pressure.

I’m pretty light (140lbs max) and tend not to hit things too hard. When setting the sag on the shock I’m having to use really low pressure (15psi) to get ~25% sag when sitting on the bike. At this pressure the shock does seem to perform ok, but I’ve still to test it with a longer/harder ride in the Peaks.

I’ve followed the set-up instructions from the SRAM website, but they don’t have any more detailed technical/service instructions to refer to.

It has a big fat air can, but I am surprised that I need to use such low pressure. Has anyone had similar experiences with a Pearl 3.1 unit?

accu
    Free Member

yes.. same experience for me..have the pearl in my 2005 proceed and run it with really low pressure…perfect !

cy

Sounds about right. The Pearls ran incredibly low pressure. I’m quite a bit heavier than you and never ran more than 70psi in mine.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Many thanks 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RockShox Pearl 3.1 Rear Shock Help’ is closed to new replies.