Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Monarch RT3 Debonair problem
  • Beagleboy

Hey folks,

Just about to phone the bike shop from where I bought my Orange Four back in early July. I was down in the Lake District at the weekend and had a great day on Saturday, then on Sunday before travelling home we decided to give the bikes a bit of a trail centre test, so headed up to Whinlatter.

Half way around the north loop, I started to think that I’d a slow puncture in my rear tyre, but soon realised that at some point my rear shock had almost completely packed down. It still had all the air in it, but no travel.

I’m assuming that I’ve killed the poor thing (don’t do jumps or anything, but I am a bit of a biffa), and that it’ll need repaired or replaced…hopefully on warranty…but just wondered if this was a common problem that’s easily solved in the home workshop.

Cheers for any advice!

C.

benpinnick

Not uncommon is how I would describe it. Its easily solved…. except for the bit where you have to remove the can. Have you tried adding more air to prop it back up? If not you’ll be OK, if yes, it can get a bit exciting. To be clear I’m NOT recommending adding more air 🙂

The problem is that the quad ring seal between negative and positive, or maybe the o ring between the debonair chambers is not holding air – charging up the negative as you ride. Normally, just opening it up and reseating/greasing fixes the issue, however SRAM will warranty this for you (well almost certainly anyway) if you want.

andybrad

it can also be a bit of grease afaik.

greencroft
    Free Member

I had the exact same thing happen to me this weekend, also with an Orange Four and a Rockshox Monarch RT3 shock. Luckily it happened as I was warming up around the car park just before I set off for a ride.

I am heading back to the retailer with it this coming Saturday but suspect they will be wanting to send the shock off somewhere which will leave me bikeless and bereft!

I may have to fetch my old Trek H/T out from the back of the cellar.

BoardinBob

Happened to me on my RC3+ recently. Completely new shock provided under warranty

andybrad

Take the air sleeve off and lube the o rings.

carlos
    Free Member

andybrad – Member
    Take the air sleeve off and lube the o rings.

Don’t forget to let the air out first 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Monarch RT3 Debonair problem’ is closed to new replies.