Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Monarch RL leaking lots of air
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

My rear Monarch RL looses loads of air after a rough section of trail or a drop off.
    I set my sag to 30% which is 120lbs,after a dropoff (nothing big) there was only 50lbs in.I’ve pumped it back up but it is still loosing air.
    Is this normally down to a seal needing changing?

Shox is only 6 month old but is from Germany so I would rather try and sort it myself (it can with a full seal kit) before sending it back and being without my bike for a few weeks.

cheers

khani
    Free Member

Valve core loose possibly? Take it off and stick it in a bucket of water and see if you can see where it’s leaking,
    You can nip up the valve core with some needle nose pliers if it’s loose..

windysurfer
    Free Member

It only seems loses air when in use.I’ll try to tighten the valve up but have already tried the ‘spit in the valve’ to see if there was any air coming out.

hainman
    Free Member

I had the same issue with my RL on my Giant Reign,took it to the shop I bought the bike from and they sent it to Fishers who checked it out and said the coating on the shaft had been corroding and warrantied mine.they rebuilt mine to the RCT3 damper instead of the RL mode,if you look around there’s a bit of info on the laquer on the stantion decaying

windysurfer
    Free Member

It’s only 6 months old and there’s no sign of any corrosion that I can see

LoCo
    Free Member

Have you carried out an air can service?
    It maybe that the air seals have worn due to dirt ingress

windysurfer
    Free Member

Just replaced all the seals but still need to test it out.Everything looked ok wear wise but I’m no expert so time will tell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Monarch RL leaking lots of air’ is closed to new replies.