Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rockshox monarch plus RC3 help.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

When in fully open mode it’s developed a definite “knock” if you bounce the rear. Doesn’t do it in pedal or closed mode. Any ideas? It’s a year old.

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve had two replaced under warranty for exactly the same thing. Send it back.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s where my problem might lie. It was on a replacement frame that crc sorted for me after my original mega failed. After checking back I’ve had it for 17 months. Props no hope on warranty I’m guessing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hainman
    Free Member

Do you mean when you push seat/frame through its travel or lift Bike and drop it??

wrightyson
    Free Member

Its when on the pedals and loading the shock up with your weight. Gets mid stroke then it klunks.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I had a similar sounding issue – TFT told me a small “knock” was normal, something to do with pressures equalising. But….it quickly developed into a more serious issue where the shock would blow through it’s travel. Back to TFT who sent it for a warranty replacement.

The replacement doesnt have any “knock” which makes me wonder whether it was normal or not.

poah
    Free Member

After checking back I’ve had it for 17 months. Props no hope on warranty I’m guessing.

two year warranty on RS stuff

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ooo there might be hope then.

Superficial
    Free Member

Mine just outside 2 year warranty, but fixed with service (Jtech). The problem (at least in my case) is air on the wrong side of the IFP. That’s pretty bog standard stuff for a service center to fix.

oikeith

My Monarch RC3 got the same issue and I had it warrantied. I only noticed it when in fully open mode, when I rode it in mid compression it didn’t do it.

daver27
    Free Member

My Monarch RT3 has been terrible, compress the shock till it gets to the point that it equalises the chambers and it has a big dive through the travel before becoming ultra hard to compress. i haven’t been able to resolve it in months, so…

Took it apart fully at the weekend and found loads of emulsified grease inside. Cleaned it out, rebuilt it with some Fox Float fluid and popped it back together. Its like a different shock now. took 5 minutes, god knows why i’d not done it before.

I’ve got a lovely pic of it below

daver27
    Free Member

steel4real
    Free Member

Ah – I was wondering if you meant ‘just’ the air can daver27. Cheers.

Oh – and for hosting I use my PinkBike account,although you seem to have found somewhere quickly.

slickandslide
    Free Member

^ That is RockShox’s “dynamic seal grease”

daver27
    Free Member

That is port blocking gunge.. 😆

the bike actually feels like it has suspension now. Previously it had a horrific 2 stage feel with a big knock around the 25-30% mark, presumably where it was sucking the grease through a bleed hole.

bouncecycles
    Free Member

Sounds like potentially there is air/nitrogen in the damper fluid but best bet is to send to SRAM tech for warranty. Most knocking sounds clients report to us tend to be this issue and or worn mounting hardware/bushings or even pivot bearings.

Even if it is ultimately just a service issue rather than warranty they can advise and carry out the work if necessary.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox monarch plus RC3 help.’ is closed to new replies.