Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Monarch or Rockshox Pearl
  • Ewan
    Free Member

What’s better – a Rockshox Monarch or a Rockshox Pearl?

The Pearl is no longer made, but was their ‘all mountain’ shock. Whereas the Monarch is newer but not specifcally ‘all mountain’.

It’s for a SC Nomad – SC sell the Nomad with the Monarch but I half wonder if that is just because the Pearl isn’t made any more…

Just needs to be able to take a hammering – I’ve got a DHX Coil for the alps.

nodrog2
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a Nomad with a monarch fitted. Works and rides very well. Not as good as a coil obviously but good all the same. I would get the monarch over the pearl.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

buy the rp3 off the classifieds from si 190 x 55 iirc

Ewan
    Free Member

nodrog – thanks for the info. Cheers

Ralph – wrong size. The nomad has a massive shock.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I don’t have any experience of the Pearl but I’ve been running a Monarch 4.2 for the past 2 months and so far I’m pleased with it. It perform well on most terrain types and there’s more than enough tuning with the floodgate and rebound adjusters. The floodgate on/off switch is handy for reducing bob when climbing although it’s not a full lockout facility. It’s too early to tell how reliable it is so can’t comment on that.

Mugboo

I have a Pearl on my Hemlock, simple to use and no probs so far. Cy says the RP3 is a little better over the small stuff. Monarch gets good reviews.

Kuco

I’ve got a basic Pearl 3.1 on my prophet it’s ok has been reliable, been on their for over 20 months and not been touched apart from changing/checking air but if I was buying new i’d go for a Fox rp23.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Monarch or Rockshox Pearl’ is closed to new replies.