Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rockshox Monarch IFP valve tool
  • kayak23

I want/need to service my Monarch rt3 shock, and you need an adaptor for the ifp valve.
    I’ve found it for sale on a handful of sites but stock availability is dubious.

Does anyone happen to know if this one from Chain Reaction will fit the monarch and my Rockshox shock pump?

Proper Rockshox one

One on chain reaction

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Im not sure if they are the same (bump) but i bought the above adapter to check the pressure and found it way below spec, its well worth checking as its made a massive difference to the feel of the shock.

damascus
    Free Member

Gavgas

I’m looking at checking mine but am anxious about messing with it.

How easy was it, what was it set at, what did you change it to and how did it change the shock?

Did it make the 3 settings feel different?

Thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepurist

kayak23 – you don’t need it if you’re just doing a basic air can type service. The SRAM video shows a full strip and rebuild which is probably only necessary if you think there’s a problem with it. As for checking the IFP – its a tiny chamber so you’ll massively affect the reading just by connecting a pump/gauge to it. Try experimenting with the min & max recommended pressures and work in from there.

hypnotoad
    Free Member
    kayak23

hypnotoad – Member 
    Sjs seems to have them in stock:

It still doesn’t specifically say that it fits a monarch though, and if you look at the official red rockshox one, it has a sort of recess above the o-ring whereas the others don’t.

I may try just the basic air can service but it would be good to be able to strip it myself anyway. The service kit doesn’t seem that available in this country either though… 😐

thepurist

Where are you kayak23? Might be someone local who has one you can borrow.

kayak23

Leamington spa, Warwickshire. Cheers, the purist.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Damascus, Its dead easy to do, you need to unscrew the cover off the IPF chamber,fit the adapter and re-pressurise to 250 psi using a shock pump, ideally you need a pump with a lock out to get an accurate reading as you will loose a bit when removing a standard pump although you could add a bit more,The valve uses nitrogen as standard but air is ok, The shock was blowing through its travel (now stopped) and the lockout was ineffective (now sorted) HTH

climbingkev
    Free Member

I’m in Matlock….swing past, use mine, test it in the Peaks ;0) Made a huge difference to mine.

Kev

blastit
    Free Member

I had a service kit for my monarch rl from LoCo very reasonable too.
    It had the later square seals as well.

paul123
    Free Member

Hate to hijack a thread but… Are you talking about a Monarch plus and re-pressurising the piggy-back? If so do you need to remove the air from the piggy-back to do an air can service?

damascus
    Free Member

No. This is for the monarch rt3 shock

Thanks gavgas. I will try it.

How did you remove the bung? Did you just pike it out and force it back in?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Just use a small straight edged screw driver,unscrew anti clockwise

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Paul123, No the IPF chamber is a separate circuit, and would not need to be touched if your servicing the main air chamber.

paul123
    Free Member

Cheers GaVgAs

scaled
    Free Member

Did anyone ever find a valve tool that works?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Monarch IFP valve tool’ is closed to new replies.